My Theory on why weed is good for the heart

Discussion in 'General' started by DailyDealer, Mar 5, 2012.

1. I think weed is good for the heart because.

If scientists say that the heart is a muscle and if you work something out like your arms or legs they get stronger right? Well if the heart is a muscle and marijuana is a stimulant that speeds up the heart, which means if its being stimulated then that means the heart beat will increase. meaning if its beating faster it is getting a work out right? so if its beating faster and getting a work out wouldn't that mean it getting stronger just like your legs or arms would running or lifting weight?

thats just my theory if you want to add anything or maybe thing I'm wrong just let me know I'm just wanting to see what you all think.

2. i feel you. that shit makes sense .

3. i thought weed relaxed muscles? have i been wrong this whole time? lol

4. you just don't wanna pull this muscle..

5. I have been thinking about it for a while. I just think it's pretty possible. If you take the weed from edibles or in a THC capsule nothing is harming your lungs? I also don't think THC can harm your digestion track

6. It may relax you but it's a stimulant it makes your heart beat faster.

7. Really you guy's dont think this is possible? Ill get some research for you.

8. #9 DailyDealer, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
    First Your heat is a organ AND a muscle Proven here :

Is the Heart a muscle or Organ? - HEXUS Community Discussion Forums

Here it says

Found via : Jogging and running

So doing this as a edible is not HARMING your lungs or anything, but it's saving you from having to go run around the block to work your heart out. its proven one of the lady's to live the longest that's 122 years smoked marijuana every day after her teenage years

9. it burns calories, now not nearly as much as actually moving does but still. this is the same reason why sex/masturbation is good for the heart.

10. Yes. But that also raises your blood pressure WHICH if you are older that can cause a lot of harm, but i have been to the doctor and i have been high and my blood pressure is just the same as when i am not high.

11. This is a hypothesis, not a theory.

12. Okay well I'm not trying to be correct on my heading. Then it is a hypothesis but i believe it can be a valid point.

13. yeahhhh idunno about that lol...

14. Well then do some research too. Cause i am thinking of going more into it.

15. Cannabis is a vasodilator, it lowers blood pressure, but it increases heart rate - two different things.

It's good for your heart, but in other ways. If you want to strengthen your heart muscles, go for a jog a few times a week

16. Well yes i am jogging every week i do about 150 push ups and sit ups every night i run about 5 miles a day. i am very fit someday i plan on going into the military as a computer or server technician since i am very good with PC's.

17. Im logging for a bit. ill be on later getting more research.

18. An accelerated heart rate is typically a sign of worse health, as it indicates that your body is working harder to function. While it is true that cardiovascular exercise is good for the heart, smoking marijuana is not such exercise. If we look at other drugs that accelerate one's heart rate (nicotine, meth, cocaine), it almost always the case that the drug is bad for the cardiovascular system.

However, I don't think that MJ increases the heart rate, as you originally suppose. In fact, I remember reading that it decreases it, which means that it may actually be good for the heart, though not for the reasons you theorized.

19. Okay but its still good for the heart even if it decreases