Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Testimonial to the ONLY Medicine that has helped me

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Neeed420, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Little back story, when I was 5 I had been diagnosed with the majority of all lower GI conditions UC(ulcerative colitis), IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome), lactose, diverticulitis etc.. Very very uncommon for a 5 year old, even more uncommon for someone to have them all. Up until I was about 15 I had no way of controlling the spasms that UC would bring on, I could control the lactose and for the most part the IBS with diet exercise and trying to keep my stress levels down. I went to doctor after doctor for about 10 years the only issue being all of the medication they would prescribe would activate one of my other conditions and I would be right back where I started. So in my case not taking any medication was the only way to help but still had episodes frequently. It would affect every part of my life at one point or another.

One evening (at the age of 15) when the my parents were on vacation and my grandparents keeping an eye on the house I went out with some friends. Right there in the middle of hanging out I had a major flare up start. Major cramping with significant pain to the point I was doubled over, getting nauseous and dizziness.

At this point I told my friends I needed to go home so I can deal with this alone, a buddy of mine said "Weed has a lot of medicinal properties and can help alleviate some types of pain and nausea." I had been dealing with this for so long I was willing to try ANYTHING. He handed me the bong put a fresh pack of some decent middy's and I ripped the hell out of that thing. Held it in for as long as I could and exhaled. LITERALLY within 15 minutes my pain had substantially subsided, nausea and dizziness completely gone. I wasn't overly happy that I was feeling high (not my intentions and till this day not my favorite thing in the world). I knew at that point this was what I needed to help control things.

18 years later nothing has changed. It is the ONLY thing that helps keep me in check a single bowl a day seems to be my magic number. It has not adversely effected my life as I have several degrees in IT and business, very good job with another hopefully on the way and I am married getting ready to start trying for kids. However recently I had to get clean for the potential job I mentioned. 46+ days and it has been horrible multiple significant flare ups. Not to mention I still cannot pass a home test. I think I have a way around the test so no biggie.

The point to my testimonial, is that if it were legal here in Florida I would not have to go through this. I wouldn't be flagged for the very medicine that keeps me working, for the very medicine that was the ONLY medicine to ever effect my condition in such a way that I will only have 1-2 episodes a year as apposed to 1-2 per month with no medication of any type and 1 per week with LEGALLY prescribed pills.

I hope this will promote others to testify to their great successful medical transitions and treatment with the might fine green lady!

2. This past year my boyfriend was recently diagnosed with gastroparesis within the last year. Along with stomach spasms, gastritis, damaged nerve in his stomach and issues with "stomach emptying". It is extremely debilitating. He has been prescribed medications including metoclopramide (Reglan) and erythromycin (Eryc, E.E.S). Metoclopramide has a risk of serious side effects. A newer medication, domperidone, which has given people permanent side effects such as: seizures and "ticks". They have also prescribed him antidepressants because they first diagnosed him with anxiety. They assumed he had anxiety because he was getting so worked up with his stomach... Not the case at all. None of these medications have worked, if anything he's had every side effect possible.

The only thing keeping him alive is marijuana. He's been in and out of the hospital for malnutrition.. Thankfully now we've been able to get it under control and maintain his current weight. Unfortunately it is still illegal here in North Carolina and extremely expensive. As we speak we are waiting for Florida to legalize it so we can move. I really wish people could read these testimonies so they could see how beneficial MMJ is.

Thanks for sharing!