My tent is to small

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Busbanker91, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Can anyone recommed anything?

I'm growing an AK Skunk autoflower in soil (biobizz all mix) with a 600watt led light.

I wasn't expecting her to grow so bushy. I know I could have trained her, but I wanted to grow my 1st plant naturally. Can I grow outside the tent maybe? The leaves are only pushing up against the sides a little bit. Is it worth just leaving it in there?

I also had to make shift a bit of scaffold(washing maiden) around my tent because the light was to close to the plant. Now it's at the right height.

Any help would be amazing

Thank you IMG_20200622_112648.jpg IMG_20200622_112517.jpg IMG_20200620_194223.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What week of flower you sittin at? 1 or 2? Either way youll definitely be out of room here in a week if you just let her ride, as long as shes early enough on in flower you can do come bending to make sure she doesent reach the light.

You could go into the room itself if you know forsure it's clean and no chance of contaminants, not to mention temps and humidity levels are much easier to control in tent opposed to a whole room just a heads up if you choose that route to go

3. that tent would be more vegging, or clones or somthing.

considering upgrading to a proper size tent?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buy an exhaust fan and filter.

5. Hey, it's coming to the end of the 1st week of flower, I don't want to start bending her now, but I will be doing on my next grow.

The light can be raised again if I need to so that's not my problem, it's the space at the sides I'm worried about. Will the leaves pushing against the sides a little have a bad effect on her?

6. Yeah, I should have planned ahead. I was more keen on getting a cheap tent and get growing as cheaply as possible.

It's an option, but can you advise how I can get around it without spending more money?

7. growing weed isnt cheap.

sorry dude.

best of luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I disagree, you can pick up some cheep lights and equipment no problem... This wasn't my question, I was asking advice on the space, not cost. Cheers though. Take care

• Like Like x 1

9. o_O

best of luck

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. But your advice was "growing isn't cheep" I'm asking if there is something else I can do without spending right now...

11. Dude jkill and I were both tryna be nice n help you out with ideas, we both threw ideas at you that you did not like, sorry to say but these are most likely the only answers ur gunna get on here because were the only ones nice enough to answer these petty questions that really shouldnt need answering, you should just do some research and figure it out on your own aint no one here to hold your hand.

I think what he was nicely trying to say if you arent willing/able to make the investment in this hobby find a new one!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. How was, "buy an exhaust fan" or "growing weed is expensive" helpful? My question had nothing to do with them replys... It wasn't needed, your reply was OK, what's your problem? Another forum gave me loads of ideas to expand my tent as a DIY project... And as for the "petty" remark... Its only as petty as your reply

13. Take some of the bigger leaves off and tie it into itself to try to keep it compact. But you’ll end up running out of room eventually. If this is only first week into flowering and you have space issues it will only get more cramped the closer you get to harvest. Next time go with a screen/scrog grow if you’re dead set on using that tent to flower in.

14. Thank you, Im going to be changing tents for my next grow, so it won't be an issue next time, i will look into the "scrog/screen grow though, sounds interesting.

Thanks for the info.. Keep safe

15. Look on the Advanced Growing Techniques subforum. Lots of good info on training plants to small spaces in there. It’s just unfortunate because a lot of techniques need to be put in place early on in the grow. With your plant being matured into preflower you’ll find it a lot harder to “bend” any stems without breaking them.

You can grow in a tent that size and a lot of people in the Micro Grow section do with great results. It’s just a process you have to begin when the girls are seedlings.

16. Gotcha I was going to when she was young, I was to nervous though, I will check those forums out for sure thanks again... Your a star ⭐

• Like Like x 1