My teeny-tiny lowrider!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by riri85, May 27, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I'm new around here, so hi!

Currently growing my first ever plants, I have a few auto varieties currently growing on my windowsill (yeah, I know i need to be a bit more discreet, I'm working on it). The first ones I tried are Low Rider, I currently have 2 of these, and I wanted to share...
    ..You see, the one on the left hand side of the pic is actually 2 weeks older than the one on the right! I created a super-mini dwarf, and since I took this pic she's started flowering!
    So odd, I can only put it down to a nutrient deficiency she had in earlier life, her pot got saturated with water that went a bit off and I didn't notice and sort it out for a few days.
    But anyway, I couldn't find anything similar when I was googling so I wanted to share, not sure what her outcome will be, but I'll keep this updated!

20160523_183638.jpg

Ri
    x

• Like Like x 2
  2. Beautiful :3 hope to see the outcome!

• Like Like x 1
  3. It sounds like it was probably stunted from the over watering issue you had. Are they getting just the sunlight from the window? I'm guessing you are in the UK from the cars outside so they look pretty dam good considering they only have UK windowsill sunshine

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yep, in the UK, and just sunshine (when it shows itself that is!). It's pretty experimental but so far so good...

My OG Kush is also doing extremely well (that's the one in my avatar), however it's the only one I've got that isn't auto, so I'm relying on nature to kick it onto flowering at some point!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey, thought I would update. .

They've both grown a bit since I last posted, the little one not as much but it's taking it's little time so....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supposedly these are seed to harvest 8/9 weeks, we're approaching week 8 now so no chance of that, but still pleased with their progress.

I am getting a little yellowing of bottom leaves but am taking care of that with some nitrates.... I failed to notice the food I had didn't have any in (wtf) but hopefully no harm done!

I've also got some bigger pots on order as I noticed the larger one is already trying to break free, amazing how a reasonably small plant has such a huge root network!

6. Morning!

So the tiny one is still tiny but I've grown rather fond of it, it was my first plant and it's rather cute!

[​IMG]

I didn't realise how much progress the other one had made until I looked back on this thread, it's now bulking out and covered in crystals, it's so pretty when the sun shines on them. It's still a quite small plant by nature of its strain but pretty ideal considering my (lack of) growing space, the rest of my plants are getting a bit too tall so might need to find a plan b and relocate them again. But the downside though being that it probably won't produce much of a crop, but we shall see.

[​IMG]

X

• Like Like x 2
  7. She is a cute little thing lol. Good luck on your grow bud

• Like Like x 1
  8. You're right. Your yield won't be anything to brag about. It will still be fun to roll a hooter with your very own homegrown.

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

Here's one of her buds, not huge but I'm really pleased considering its my first grow and it was on the windowsill!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Nice looking bud that she gave you

• Like Like x 1
  11. and thats all folks

12. First time grower, dwarf plant and nothing but a windowsill, (and that wasnt my whole harvest) I'm quite happy!

• Like Like x 2
  13. just making a funny.. some quality smoke.. but i'd invest in a dimmable 400w mh/hps with a cool vent hood.. easiest and coolest, without duct even.

14. ive got some under 1000w HPS right now and this Kosher Tangie wont stop growing all the others are flowering good, shes just going big i put them in to 12/12 when they were 6" its almost foot and half and growing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Awesome. Yeah, next step needs to be an investment in some lights, all my other autos have loose buds whuch I put down to the British summer going on vacation itself for a few weeks at a crucial point! Bit annoying but hey, nature is nature.....

I also have 2 massive OG Kush plants which I'd really like to get flowering too and if I rely on daylight for those I feel ill be waiting many more months!

16. Hey I'm loveing the tiny low rider I'm also in uk got an ak48 mother off a mate was origannly outside now I have got it its in the window seems t be doin well would like opinions tho as I ain't sure as its my 2nd grown .. I also have took 2 clones 1 seems t be goin strong other not so much

17. Bloody clones.... I have one that I took off of the mother weeks ago, it's alive and even has new leaf growth but no roots! Madness!

Are any of yours flowering yet? I'm Hoping the shorter days might trigger mine to do that eventually, I don't have the money for grow lights...

18. What soil have you used? Nice to see someone go that far on windowsill, magic of proper air circulation hey

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nothing specific, just whatever i could 'borrow' from my parents greenhouse. I have tried adding various things along the way...miracle grow all purpose continuous release, used coffee grounds (when one of them had a nitrogen deficiency), PK boost (courtesy of the pound shop) for the flowering ones, and currently experimenting with treacle (molasses) on the off chance it may fatten my buds!

I think a lot of it comes down to strain too, the low rider and a cheese auto are producing tighter, fatter buds than the bubble chum and blueberry fruit autos. The cheese is definately the best performing so far.

20. Nice to see another lowryder grower man. I have a LR auto under led and nearly finished it's suprised me quite alot to be honest.

I did alot of reading on the strain (after I brought the seeds lol) what I wread put me off quite alot too so I planted two seeds to make up for it. Auto#1 next to it.

But LR has proved most naysayers wrong already. It's got enough bud to make me happy. It smells very nice almost fruity. Tons of frost even from early flowering. I clipped a bud off the other day and just smoked a thumb nail clipping of it in a pipe and it's a very nice high.

I'm very happy with the strain, bbut now I've learned alittle I think I'll go for one nice plant from now on. I think my tent is proven now. Hopefully get 2oz a plant with the right seed.

This pic is from 30th but the most recent full shot I have, I think it's pumped up alil more since.

So if those same threads have discouraged you any, ride it out you could be pleasantly surprised.

I tried to lst it alittle in the first month but it really didn't like it lol. Auto# took to it straight away. LR just stopped growing tho. It's in a 2gal fabric pot.

I can't upload pics atm wifi acting up, but check out my diary it's called

Have a butchers. I'll be following this too I'm intrested to see windowsill results.

This is much better than I've ever got in a window lol. But I have seen two plants this year doing more than ok in the window. 2ft tall bushy things in veg.

Let's hope the sun comes back out dude it's muggy as the few days.

Oh yes be carful of really hot weather tho. One time I did get a nice little 10in bush in a window it was like today one day so I put it into the front window then went out. Ofcourse the clouds moved and the plant got full sun and totally dried out crispy I was gutted.

I threw it without even trying to recover it which I should have done. But it was 10in and already flowering a pea sized bud.

I threw out a seedling in April I think we was still getting ground frost in the night. I looked after two weeks and nothing. So forgot about it.

I went round ther 2m later and a beautiful vibrant green bush was there I was shocked as shit. It looked great apart from the bug bites in the leafs. I killed it tho too close to my house lol. There's a pic in my diary of it beautiful green. Plus the site was not even close to good for plants. Plus the seedling hit the floor first then the dirt on top. So it had to grow back through the dirt into a spot that was 80% shaded.

Now I'm pretty sure we can grow weed in uk. Global warming is doing one nice thing. Not sure it's worth it tho lol. Tropical bugs come to tropical climates.