My teacher might be retarded

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by OrganicGrowers, Nov 23, 2013.

1. So we were debating and someone brought up legalisation and during the debate as expected there were lots of incorrect data and other myths thrown around but my professor said "there is a difference between medical marijuana and recrational marijuana and it has to do with how it is manufactured. Medical marijuana has THC and other chemicals that help with diseases that have to do with spasms. Recrational marijuana just gets you high and has adverse effects."

2. Lol @ "my teacher might be retarded"

3. Cant always blame the teacher. A lot of the time its the people who have feed that teacher his/her info.
    Be the difference that changes that professor's outlook.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Title had me rolling. :laughing: 
    Poor teacher...

5. Easier said than done changing peoples opinions especially older people is hard because they have usually believed it for awhile

6. #6 Tree Burner, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    "Here's your sign"

7. That's true haha. Thats just my younge mind messing with me but I get what your saying oh well I guess that we sgould be the next generation to change the way the world sees mrs. Mary.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Hes basically saying street weed has different effects as in there are different types of medical strains to help out with different illnesses. Hes both right and wrong. Hes more educated on medical marijuana and the scientific effects it has on patients. He is not as educated in non medicinal marijuana so he assumes it is not as good or does the right thing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. He's sorta right

Medicinal has different strains you can choose from and each strain has its own helping properties.

"Street weed" sorta comes at random and doesn't always have the same helping effect all the time due to having a random strain. Even if is dealer tells you "it's this (strain) it can't be 100% confirmed or might even be an impure strain changing it helping properties. It could even have opposite effect making stuff like anxiety, depression etc worse. You are still getting high but without always getting your issue helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Street weed always helps for my issue.
    my issue being I need to get HIGH.

MJ

from someplace on something

11. #11 blazer12345, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    I had a teacher who told me men cant be raped loltheres a fair few retards about alright

12. His statement is strange.

Medical despensaries do have quality controls to an extent, "street weed" can be the same strain, grade, or it can be schwag.
    Perhaps he is being taken out of context, or was high, and only spoke part of what he was thinking.

13. The way he said it though it just sounded like he was saying there was medical and shit. I don't know it just kinnda botherd me. Haha it just sounded like he knew nothing about it and was trying to make a opinion

14. Your teacher is just trolling you. 

15. One time in high school my teacher was giving the classic dont do drugs talk and at one point he said "if you smoke marijuana you will be stupid for the rest of your life." Half the class started giggling (most of us were huge stoners) and he was just like "For the rest of your life, its proven," all serious and none of us could even hold in our laughs anymore

16. Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

17. Want to educate him? All you need to do is send me an email (bottom of my sig), or PM me yours! I'll send you everything you need, and much more!

If you really want to rattle his cage, forward a copy of the List to him, and DARE him to read all of the titles! :devious:  (the List is over 1000 pages of titles and their links, all nicely sorted).  You might even share it with your friends, so they, too, can have the list on their computers! Then when some of your "less enlightened" classmates are loudly claiming cannabis "rots your brain", you just quietly call up the List, go to "ALZHEIMER'S" and show them that it actually is a LACK of cannabis that can lead to Alzheimer's, which is the ultimate "brain rot"!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)
    http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

[SIZE=10pt]“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.” [/SIZE]

Which is based on,

A Molecular Link between the Active Component of Marijuana and Alzheimer's Disease Pathology      (full - 2006)        http://www.ukcia.org/research/AlzheimersDiseasePathology.pdf      (FYI - "donepezil" and "tacrine" = "Aricept" and "Cognex", while "AChE-induced A" = amyloid plaque, the stuff that gums up your brain in Alzheimer's)

“It is noteworthy that THC is a considerably more effective inhibitor of AChE-induced A‚ deposition than the approved drugs for Alzheimer's disease treatment, donepezil and tacrine, which reduced A‚ aggregation by only 22% and 7%,respectively, at twice the concentration used in our studies .Therefore, AChE inhibitors such as THC and its analogues may provide an improved therapeutic for Alzheimer's disease, augmenting acetylcholine levels by preventing neurotransmitter degradation and reducing A‚ aggregation, thereby simultaneously treating both the symptoms and progression of Alzheimer's disease.”

Then you can just copy the links, and email them to your classmates to be read later (and rub the lesson in  :laughing: )!  And ZAP!!!  Another prohibitionist myth falls by the wayside! :hello:

My List is also great for doing that paper on cannabis that you have dreamed of doing! Nothing like having all the sources you could possibly need, all in one spot! :yay: Hope to hear from you soon!

Granny

18. He's just saying that so it makes medicinal look good because it's legal, and he makes recreational look bad because it's illegal. He said that so some kids won't go out and smoke illegally and get arrested. Remember, he's a teacher so he's pretty smart, he just doesn't want you guys to get arrested or something

19. So many older; 35+ have had so much anti-cannabis propaganda blown up their a$$ they are brain washed beyond repair. I'm 51 and having taken a 20 year T-break, did the research and discovered the new uses for the flower that I had never realized before, of course I did not have the internet access we do now I am an advocate for just legalizing it with regulations for everybody. Like any other law, you violate the regulations, you suffer the consequences.