My taproots are stuck.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ravinglogs, Mar 20, 2015.

1. 5 days ago I planted 6 seeds. 4 are up, 2 are not.

I have checked on the two by scraping soil out with tweezers in order to avoid touching the taproot.

The taproot is still the same level (about 1cm) under the surface as it was 2 days ago when the other 4 sprouted.

Are they ok? Will they make it up on their own? Looks like it's all twisted up down there and it's also pointing down. So the taproot comes from the bottom up close to the surface then there is a loop and it goes back down away from the surface? Can I gently pull them up? Will they make it?

Please help I'm freaking myself out (anxiety... Which is why I'm growing in the first place for medicinal purposes) but idk if they are ok :(

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Just LITFA...Nature has you covered in this regard.

3. I will wait. Definitely. My biggest concern is... Since they ARE growing down there, it means they are working in my favor but say they don't surface ever, how many days would you give it before going in there and attempting to bring them out? I mean if they are alive bringing them to light would save them wouldn't it?
    Thanks much for the response!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. "Going in there" seriously dude what did SativaDreams just say

5. I understand what he said but either they sprout or they stay in there forever and die so I just wanna know in like a week or something if they are still not up they're probably pretty much on the verge of death or dead?
    It's my first grow. I'm not trying to be contradicting I just want to do anything I can to help them at this point. I waited over 3 months for my seeds because of issues and it was extremely stressful so if I lose these little guys I'm going to be very upset. I just wanna help them.

🌳420🌳

6. Give them the best conditions you can and let nature run its course is all anybody can do really

7. Alright guys I'll let you know how it goes.

🌳420🌳

8. Yep, as long as moisture and temps are good waiting is all you can do. While good breeders help your odds, if you grow for any length of time from seed you will eventually have a dud here and there.

9. This is how I've checked

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426820100.345968.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426820143.628964.jpg

This is what I'm talking about. That was 2 days ago now look at it same exact position as 2 days ago

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426820264.864170.jpg

🌳420🌳