My Super Skunk and Blue Cheese grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NY Purple Haze, Jul 24, 2009.

1. lol ya, i pour the superthrive right down the sippy hole to the roots. rofl

2. Update

12 days from seed and this is what we have

[​IMG]

3. Ditch the superthrive, don't feed for a while. lookin good other than that.

4. why? i thought superthrive was straight to use from seedling until flowering starts?

5. Those little girls don't need any nutes yet, give them a couple weeks.

6. Yeah don't give it anything as a seedling. You'd be surprised how well a plant will grow at just 30% nute strength, throughout it's life.

7. I'm only giving them water and a "drop" of superthrive.

8. Ultimately they are your plants and you can do with them what you will, but your seedlings do not need any nutrients at this point. Most all soil mixes have some fert's mixed in, enough to sustain a plant for at least a couple weeks. You don't want to run into any nute problems this early man. If it doesnt hurt your plants, go for it though.

9. i was under the impression that Superthrive isn't really a nute.. more of just vitamins and hormones to help the roots grow, not the leaves/plant.

10. Sorry I should have made that clearer. You shouldn't have to add anything, nutes, additives, hormones, nothing. And you are right it is just a hormone.

11. Superthrive will help if your little guy needs a pick me up. Say you forgot to water and is all limpy, i also use it on my clones. I generally don't use nutes till like the third week of veg because i use ocean forest.

12. [​IMG]

i never really noticed this, but this skunk never started out with the single long leaves, it just went straight to the 3 pointed leaf....... wtf?

13. It's that super duper space age cup you put it into. Na don't trip that's totally normal.

14. haha just making sure i don't have a fucked up plant.

15. love what you're doing here, wish i could have seen my babies grow up but i had to shut down my first grow.

what are you using for the blue cheese? 12/12?

16. nope, decided to go with 18/6 using 3 27w daylight CFLs. she is looking quite healthy too.

day 15

[​IMG]

17. Wow, that blue cheese has some fat leaves, it's Big Buddha right just looks different from the plants I grew. Looks healthy, what is your feeding schedule if you don't mind me asking?

18. lol i don't have 1. isn't the plant too young? i give it water 1 to 2 times a week with a drop of superthrive. and yes, its big buddha, i was going to go with Barney Farms but changed my mind last second.

19. looks real nice for day 15 man!

they look like they're close to being ready for a light dose of some food.. have you picked any nutrients yet?

also personally i wouldn't give it superthrive on every watering.. i think folks use that mainly for stress problems or when they transplant.

20. You know i searched Hoffmans organic soil and you journal was the second result. Just see slight yellowing around the edges of your leaves, this is just me but i would feed her some of the grow at quarter strength and see if that takes care of it.
    Did they send you part of the original package with your seeds?
    [​IMG]
    Just wondering cause they messed up one of my orders once. Don't wanna trip you out just cold be a more indica pheno then i have grown.