My Super LOW Cost - Micro Indoor Grow Set-up

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Minifarmer, Jul 8, 2010.

1. I have to say, I was stunned when I first realized how much stuff I had around the house to set up my garden. I got my 1st 2 starters recently, but wasn't sure how to go about it growing them or even where to start. SO I began my search/research and soon realized I had everything in my on garge.

I only had to buy:
    • 2 - 42 watt/2600 lumens each (Fluorescent) lights. ($9.97 ea)
    • 2 Black Pots (.$98 ea at home depot)
    • 1 Bag of Miracle Grow Soil ($4.97)
    I pretty much had everything else. I had and extra garden greenhouse set up that I put togehter halfway to fit into my small place. I had a brand new Surgemaster I never used, I had the zip ties. I also had an emergency blanket from my survival pack. It was one of those shiny reflective ones. Got it for $.99 at the surplus store and it was easy to use.;)

I also had a timer so I have it setup to 12 hrs of light. Timer was from X-mas tree setup. (LOL!) :D

Posting pics soon of my set up. BRB!!!:smoking:

2. The Space:

[​IMG]

Day 1:

[​IMG]

Set Up:

[​IMG]

Up Close:

[​IMG]

3. Verrrryy nice! The plants are lookin' good! What are you growing?
    Positive vibes to you and yours :hello:

4. Thanks!

The smaller plant is Grand Daddy and the other is Sour Grape. Probably going to add 2 more plants to this tiny set up. I have some room.

5. nice cheap set up... did u get everything from walmart?

o-o;;

6. your going to need more lights and you need to add a fan for airflow, but other than that i say good job man.

7. Here is my set up 5 weeks later!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. How many lights are you running right now? What are you doing about odor? Looking good

9. Yeah...looking good!

Make sure you're keeping up with the wattage. ~100w/plant with CFL's. I'd also definitely start looking into ventilation, temp control, and of course the stank those girls are gonna start giving off when you're deep into flowering.

10. I have 10 - 42 watt CFL bulbs running 18 hours a day.

I haven't noticed any smell yet unless I get really close, but they sell an odor control thing at the hydro store by my house, so when they really start to flower, I'll just use that.

11. Check out the top pic on the left lower side, see the fan? I got that at Target for $7, works great!!!

I don't run the lights during the hottest part of the day, mainly in the late evening to early afternoon, the fan really blows the heat out great.

12. So 420w of cfl? :smoking::smoking:

take some better pics :).

13. My grand Daddy after 8 weeks under CFLS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. #15 bakin420, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010

Very nice man,
    This is my bagseed at 7weeks using cfls i had around the house;D
    4 42watt soft lights and 4 27watt daylights
    I had a low budget setup too :D
    [​IMG]

15. Looking good Minifarmer. Can you update your original post of what items you bought as it is a micro grow so i'm intrested in what you used. How are you dealing with odor?

16. Coming along nicely!! Love how thick the main colas are too!

17. hey man, looking real good. cant wait to see what youve got going now. update update update. lol good things come to those who grow and update. lol