My Sun Gazing Diary

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DenialTwist, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Hello everyone and welcome to my sun gazing diary.

A few months ago I came across the practice of sun-gazing. Staring at the sun. My first reaction was that it is wrong. C'mon everyone knows that. Don't have sex, don't smoke weed, and certainly don't stare at the sun.

The reported benefits of sun-gazing are that you no longer need food, it decalcifies the pinneal gland, little or no disease. It all seems good. I know how the no sex and no weed advice went. Might as well try this.

So how do you sungaze? Well the idea is to stare at the sun everyday in 10sec increments. So day 1 is 10 secs, day 2 is 20 secs and so on until you reach 44mins.

For the first hour after sunrise and before sunset the sun is low in the sky so that it does not burn your eyes out.

It should also be done on bare feet standing on earth, not even grass so to connect with Gaia (earth).

So this involves getting up at sunrise...big problem. I love my sleep. So lazyness has put me off this for ages. Well, my inner self keeps telling me to do it, and maybe a diary will give me the motivation. 44 minutes in 10 sec intervals is 264 days!!!

The benefits could be life changing!

Obviously here comes the disclaimer. Don't stare at the sun it will burn your eyes out.

2. Wow you may be on to something, have you been able to percieve the colors yellow blue or purple green????

3. yeah that used to be an egyptian thing...i do admit to doing it for the benefit of forcing a ...moment of clarity...type of event in the mind...what i am speaking of does not take the whole program as you described it to do so...

just go out early in the morning when the disk is coming over the horizon, start looking until you cannot anymore, then look in short intervals for short spurts constantly for as long as you can or wish...if you do so fo about thirty minutes, you can have a mental...enlightenment...sort of thing, from the first time out, if one does it correctly...(happens about five minutes after one stops)

i humbly admit to being pretty good at it...but have never heard of your program before...sounds interesting though...

4. Thanks man. When I let my inner self guide me I stumble across some truely inspiring things. Not sure what you mean by the colors yellow, blue or purple green.

I gazed for 10 secs 2 days ago. I went for the evening sun. I found it quite strong. After that I did see yellow, blue, green & purple when I closed my eyes. It felt like I was charging my batteries. After a few minutes of mellowing in it's warmth I started getting on with my life and applied for jobs, a task I have been putting off for weeks.

lol...the disc.

I've had random moments in the past when I've gazed at the disc and had some enlightening moments, but it's something I have never pursued further until now. Which in hindsight is a shame because I think may be quite good at it too.

Here's some more info.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlCJPxxKoaY&feature=related"]YouTube - Solar Gazing with HRM; Part1[/ame]

5. A couple of years ago I got into it and made it to the 45 minute mark and hung with it for a solid 3 or 4 months. Hard to keep up with it when there are so many trees around here though. I'd give almost anything to be able to do it again without so much hassle.

6. Does this really not injure the eyes?
    Obviously sunrise gets stronger as the sun rises, so when you say you watched the sun for 45 minutes, was it at 'full strength" (ie: above the horizon completely)? Do your eyes get trained to see it at full strength? How does this not fuck up your eyes?

7. I think you should up your game. Whip out the telescope and check for sun aliens.

8. Keep in mind that you have to start at 5 seconds each viewing, so that's 10 seconds on the first day max, sunrise and sunset combined. Maybe even only between 2-5 seconds first time though, depending on how high the sun is at the time.

You only have an hour total from the time the sun officially rises and an hour lasting until the sun officially sets in your location. The higher the sun is at the time you are viewing the more difficult it will be; definitely need to build up your endurance gradually following the strict 5 second rule but also pick your times wisely; maybe even look through some shades for a bit if the sun is currently too high/bright looking. In general though, the earlier you get to the sunrise and the later you get to the sunset the easier it will be for you.

Once you are reaching the max point of 45 minutes it becomes next to nothing to do, your eyes won't water as much if at all. Up until then you need to be dilligent and not go too many days without a viewing.

The reason the hour after sunrise and the hour after sunset are so important is because there is scientifically proven to be 0% UV radiation, so you are getting a direct source of nourishment in the form of Vitamin D with no drawbacks. It's very fun and very intense. You haven't truly lived until you've experienced it in my opinion. Greatest and healthest form of entertainment in the world. You will feel great and energized, it's amazing.

Don't forget to do it barefoot on bare soil (no grass; sand is best) if you can. I'd sit barefoot on my roof if that was my only option in the morning. Also drink plenty of water. Another thing you can do is leave water out in mason jars or glass bottles covered tightly in seran wrap and let them absorb the sunlight all day, then drink it soon immediately afterwards.

9. what are the benefits of looking at the sun? a chance for a glimpse of the enlightened state?

10. I'd recommend it for the health aspect more than anything. Great for your eyes and boosting your energy level.

11. Does it really matter if you look directly at the sun with open eyes? Couldn't they be closed? What's the difference?

12. It still feels good with your eyes shut but it's not nearly as invigorating.

13. Yes Ouroboros is correct our pigments are not as refined as they can be, which can be observed by changing the tones of yellow where it will lose its intensity and turn a green or brown color, where in fact the colors blue and yellow when added can be observed as blue yellow, and not green. The pigments do not exist.

14. Did you notice any loss of appetite?

15. Yeah somewhat. Felt like I had more energy off less food.

16. In what i was describing, yes, after the initial sun dose, of looking at it in the morning as it comes up for as long as you can(which is a lot at that time of day as it is not so strong), then when it is too much, close your eyes and hold your face to the sun directly...it does work, but takes a little longer...imo.

if the front of your head starts to hurt, discontinue...try a couple days later with less full view time...followed by the long closed eye part.