Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My story so far

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kotcarson, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Well, I'm really new here, but wanted to share my story so far.

I have severe nerve damage resulting from a car accident called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Name an opoid, and I've been on it and it doesn't do anything for my extremely painful neuropathic pain. My conditions kind of like phantom limb disorder, except I still have the affected leg. Does anybody else have CRPS? It's also very similar to Fibromyalgia, but all that pain is focused on one body part, for me my leg, foot and especially my knee.

After every medication I've tried, I finally tried MMJ. It does not make the pain go away completely - nothing does - but it lowers it from a constant 8-9 to a 5-6. It really helps the spasms and lets me preform more aquatic-physical therapy than I could without medicating.

I've found I need to take what I've started calling "mini-hits" every so often. I light up my pipe and begin inhaling, then cut the fire. I inhale a little bit more, and hold my breath. When I take bigger hits, I get more relief, more quickly, but it doesn't seem to last as long as when I take multiple "mini-hits" every so often. Does anybody else do this?

Just thought I'd share how happy I am to have finally found something that offers some relief. My wife was quite unsure about me trying MMJ, but after my experiences she's a believer now, too.

2. #2 Phisherman, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
    Desomorphine and heroin. Have you been on them?

Oh and welcome to GC.

3. why not take big hits more often, then you get the better relief from bigger hits with the longer lasting from taking them more often. or try edibles, they last longer and are more intense

4. Been on morphine sulfate and methadone. Are those close enough, Phisherman.

I'll try taking bigger hits, wondershowzen. T```2hanks for the suggestions.

Sor1ry 1for anyq TYP`OS. Dog on keyboard