My story of why alcohol should be illegal.....and weed be legal.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by someoneorother2, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Fuck....I was gonna write a story, but now I am WAY too lazy.

I'll write it later...........................:wave:

EDIT: Here, I will start. Nah, fuck it. Still WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too lazy.

EDIT#2: Upon seeing some posts, I got a little motivation, so here goes.
    Small party thing going on at my house, and nearly everyone had some brews. However, I choose to stay away from alcohol, as I always do. I was already baked from earlier, so I was waiting a few hours for when it got dark.
    Things start going downhill right as I am coming back to earth. I go down to the car, and my brother has locked himself in, with the engine running, listening to music. A few other cars were there too, so it would have been especially difficult to get out without hitting any of them...as he is drunk. So I am pounding on the window trying to get him to give me keys, but he won't listen. Finally, I get him out, but he runs off still holding the keys. At least I got him out of the running car, right? (he is hugely stronger than me, so no way of forcing him to do anything, and he refuses to acknowledge he is quite drunk)

So now he is running around through the woods, and a bunch of people want to smoke a little ways away/find the stupid ass. So we all are walking to some spot, and jump into the bushes to hide when we see headlights. Up comes my brother in the car, with two other people in the back, going much faster than the regulated .5 - 2 miles per hour speed limit. (he going 15 ish down this middle of nowhere road.)

So we start after him again, because he had sworn not to drive. Finally get to him, and he locks himself in again, but with the window ajar. After a lot of him yelling (incomprehensibly) about how he is fine to drive and how I am just flipping out and high(though I am not actually), I finally decide he seriously needs to get out of the car. He has the car running again, but the emergency brake still on. So I manage to get in the door, get him in a choke hold, and drag him out. But then I realize he is way stronger than me. He tackled me, and everybody jumps on him to get him off. Finally he is convinced that I should drive, because he is drunk. I start driving, 5 miles per hour down this middle-of-no-where-road, with everyone in the bed of the truck. He keeps doing stupid shit, and finally runs down the road in front with his pants down (much nicer than in the truck). Eventually we make it home, and I steal all the keys and hide the truck down the road.

I was so pissed off, because he turned into an absolute idiot. At least when you're blazed, you admit it and are quite willing to (at least try) to listen to advice. But when people are drunk, they lose all of their reasoning skills, and can get super pissed off. I cannot comprehend how alcohol is legal, but cannabis be illegal. Ridiculous.......

2. damn fool are you that lit right now?

3. second to post yea boy
    yea alchaole kills more pepole in one night then weed does in.welll ever

4. UGH! Anyone who says one drug should be legal and another an arrestable offence is mad.

Smoke & drink! ... & shoot dope, haha! Not my thing, but a Health issue, not a legal issue.

5. No dude, I don't agree with that. Imagine this new drug comes out that makes a person super angry, extra strong, and high for a month....And if you look at the statistics of this new drug, there are tons of car-jackings when the person uses it. Would you want that drug to be legal...I think not.

I think drugs should be regulated based on how they affect the user. That way, aspirin is totally legal, weed is legal with restrictions, and super extra crazy bad drug is illegal, and hopefully not used by as many people. (of course, you are right in the sense that prohibition never works.)

But the government is set up with some drugs legal, some not. And the laws are ass backwards about what should and should not be legal in concern to cannabis and alcohol.

6. shits whack yo

7. I agree L & L, if they made alcohol illegal they'd take away their ability to card minors and enforce standards of quality.

the biggest problem with making it illegal is it wouldn't remove it from society ..it'd just shift the supply side of the market to criminals

minors would be able to freely buy it
    you'd never know if the stuff was going to kill you or make you go blind
    competing suppliers would engage in turf battles to protect their share of the market
    productive, law-abiding people would be criminalized simply because they chose alcohol as their recreational drug of choice
    families would be divided and segments of society alienated over the use of alcohol
    education on how to use alcohol responsibly would be eliminated because all use would simply be illegal
    corruption amongst law enforcement personnel would be prevalent due to intimidation by the criminals controlling the market and the potential to make easy money

kinda like the bs we see in the marijuana market right now :(

8. thank you.

9. x2 umm do u not realize they tried to ban alchol before and it didnt work out to well why waste time doing it again what would making it illegal do weed is illegal and i have been able to easily obtain it for the last 3 years at any point of any day anyway lol besides how stupid would it be saying u went to jail for posession of 2 beers :confused:

10. you coulda saved us all 10 minutes and wrote, you can die from alcohol, you cant from weed, alcohol turns you into a moronic idiot, weed gives you the ability to tolerate people more.

11. dude that took you 10 minutes to read?

And he wa sjust telling a story man, whats the point of telling a story if you dont actually tell the story?

12. didnt somebody else have a thread like this and you were the one who said every drug should be legal? Ive thought about it and that definitely would seem to be the best way of going about things. At least then shit would be regulated.. and crime would be at an all time low.

13. I invision a world where both the die-hard stoners who do nothing but weed and the drinkers who dont do anything but drink alcohol can understand each other and agree that alcohol and weed with certain restrictions is the right way to go, and just understand that the other drug isn't their cup of tea

14. I meant this more in the sense that...the way our policies are set up is to ban some substances, and allow others. What I meant more, was that it is totally backwards. Alcohol (largely) makes people more aggressive, lose many of their reasoning skills, and very difficult to deal with(most people cannot come back to reality quickly, and tend to fight the fact that they are drunk).
    Marijuana (largely) slows people down, makes them calmer, retain most reasoning skills, and people are able to come back to reality quite quickly when something bad happens(albeit, a person is still sometimes a bit confused).

So, assuming the legal system is going to remain in a state where some drugs are allowed and some not, then it should be the other way around. Thats all I meant by this, because I fully realize that prohibition never works.

15. It is more than the fact that prohibition never works, though. Try immoral as opposed to never works. The government is supposed to protect your rights, no? I have a right as a human being to do whatever I want without committing acts of aggression. Smoking up is not aggressive. Drinking alcohol is not aggressive. Once under the influence of either drug, or any drug, you are still responsible for what you do. If you choose to commit acts of aggression or if you choose to get too fucked up to know you are committing acts of aggression then you will be or probably will be infringing upon someone elses' rights.

Any and every drug should be completely legal without any limitations. If you all knew who I was in person you would also know that I am an avid anarchist and believe that a truly anarchist society is the only one in which a free man could conduct himself. Liberty is above all else, and there has not been a governing body created, in ALL of history, that hadn't offered limited freedoms for extra "security". I want my liberties back and I will protect myself, THANK YOU!

16. your failing to realize as it is now weed is illegal and everyone on here besides the 15 year old morons that come on lookin to know where to find weed easily obtain weed so what would making alcohol illegal do it would still be just as easy to get but instead of going to the store and using a credit card you`d go to someones house and use cash

17. ^^^^that^^^^^

You are right that it would probably be easier to obtain by people who cannot handle themselves. But still, I believe that marijuana is safer (not to mention way more fun) than alcohol. I cannot comprehend how marijuana is illegal, yet alcohol is legal.

18. If you ever actually look into you will find that it is purely cultural. Preppy white folk didn't like the fact that blacks used it in Harlem or the fact that Mexicans were bringing it over from Mexico when they started coming over in massive quantities. I watched a show on it on the History Channel and have read a bunch of crap about it online.

19. Its debatable whether weed should be illegal, it fucks you up but its easily the 'healthiest' drug (as ridicolous as that sounds). Alcohol should be illegal but I wouldnt want it to be, times at the pub + clubs + parties are too good.

20. THIS GOVERNMENT MAKES ENOUGH MONEY OFF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS AND SELLING METHODONE TO HERION ADDICTS,MAYBE THEY SHOULD LOOK AT THE SUCCESS OF MARIJUANA IN AMSTERDAM,I THINK AL GORE NEEDS TO CONVINCE THE GOVT TO LET PEOPLE GROW POT OUTSIDE TO FIGHT GLOBAL WARMING INSTEAD OF WATCHGING MOST OF CALIFORNIA BURN DOWN