my story of tonight

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by greenghoul, Feb 8, 2012.

1. #1 greenghoul, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2012
    ok, so earlier tonight at about 12:30 me and my roommates decided to do a quick wendys run (sober cus they don't smoke), and i get a phone call my my friend who lives on campus saying that he has the money he owed me from the other day and to meet him near the dorm building. So we get to the building and I grab my 5 piece chicken nuggets with honey on the side and get into his car. Then he pulls out a huge bag of weed and gives me a pretty nice dime bag instead of the money. Which is a pretty cool deal, but he had a half oz on him that he had just bought. We're still right in front of my building and he goes "we should smoke some of this" and I'm like "nahh, I wanna go in and eat my chicken nuggets" he just says I should smoke anyways and I did. So we drive away and smoke for a bit. As we were driving back, we end up behind a police car so we play it cool and he drives a few rows then gets out of the current parking lot to another one on the other side of campus.

Now we thought we were in the clear, so he says "lets smoke another bowl" and I'm like "sure, why not". As we're finishing up the bowl, the same police officers pull up into the parking lot and get out and tap on the window.

Now my mind's racing, we hide the stuff as best as we could, I put the bowl in the back seat, he hides the half away. The cop comes to the window, and taps on it asking what we're up to, we just say that we were out here having a conversation while my friend had a cigarette (which he had). Then that cop goes like "hmmm, then why does it smell like pot in here???" (his voice was kinda like dan aykroyd, but he looked like andy from workaholics), my friend who's in the driver seat just says "i'm not sure, officer" then the cop says "are you sure you haven't smoked in here lately?"

my friend then said, "I"m not going to tell you anything you don't need to know, besides that I have smoked in here once over school break."

"well, seeing as it smells, I have probable cause to search the vehicle" and calls his buddy cop.

Then the both of us agree (which i think is kinda dumb, but it beats resisting, i guess), they search the vehicle and they pat us (i had a dime bag in a cigarette carton), but wasn't caught for it, then the first cop found the half ounce in the car and started asking us with a threatening demeanor asking if we had any weed on us, my friend said that he was the only one who knew about it, then the first cop took him away into his car. Once I was alone with the second cop, he started asking if I had any "dope" on me or if i have a nice "nick of pot" (wtf), I said no, then he was like, "if you refuse I'm just going to call the dogs up and if they find anything on you, it'll be a higher charge than you being honest" so I fessed up and gave him the cigarette carton.

Then he takes me to his car to say to wait in there because it's cold outside. After about ten minutes, he came back into his car and told me the rundown.

"Well, seeing as the marijuana was in a single bag, we're guessing that it's for you two and not for selling, unless we're mistaken...??" (i said that would be stupid because it's dangerous), he continued going on, "okay, well since it was for personal use and the two of you have clean records, we're gonna give you a citation for minors in usage (something like that), which is a bit less than in possession or intent to sell"

Then he gave me my ticket, and basically said that if I want to get it settled as a regular ticket (he explained it just like being a parking ticket), that I could call that number, or I could speak with an attorney if I want to dispute this. I just said that I'd probably call because it's kinda pointless to argue it.

So then they said "okay" and drove away. I'm guessing they gave us that small charge since we were on campus, but out of the way and didn't have any trouble before and were at least honest about it.

tl;dr - n/a

basically, what am i supposed to do? do I just call the number on it and pay the fine? has anyone ever gotten these btw? i'm in michigan if that's any help in case state laws are different.

feels bad, man

Edit: Oh, wanna know what makes it even worse? I didn't even get to have the fucking honey with my chicken nuggets which is all I was looking forward to...

2. Would have been funnier if your friend tried to eat the half oz as the cop tapped on the window.

As always with any thread involving police. "Fuck The Police"

3. i have such a hilarious story about a kid that ate unmentionables when he got set up back east. it was fucking hilarious even though he was pretty chill. the most i can say without getting in trouble on this site is the cops ripped him out of the car & unmentionables were pouring out of his mouth. no, literally, a fucking mouth full. its pretty scary to know what could of happened if he swallowed.

4. um, is my life over? like future work/school (i'm transferring colleges)/smoking career/whatever? I already know my relationship with my parents is gonna be over.

5. Isnt the ticket no more of a crime than a parking ticket, like the cop said to you?
    So your college need not find out!

AND

A) Why do you parents need to find out?
    B) even if they did, its weed, you havent been caught injecting heroin!....yet...

6. idk, i've just been worried about it and all, this is the first time i've ever been caught and i've been smoking for 2 and a half years since i was 16. I'm just kinda bummed, my sister says that I'll never be caught because I'm careful, and here on my first iffy decision i get caught by the police. Kinda sucks.

And I have this huge cut on my hand from nowhere, which is just adding to my worries D;

7. Oh, my parents are going to find out because something is getting mailed to my house. I called the number and the lady was being a c*** saying "the only way to change the address for the letter is to plea guilty and go through the court system."

which means i'm fucked either way. I don't wanna be disowned, I need somewhere to live over summer :(

Also, I'm going to have to go to court no matter what. Fucking police lied to us by saying that it's just like a parking ticket.....I don't remember my cousin ever going to court for the 2 tickets he's gotten.

edit: i said c*** cus that's what her tone of voice was, and condescending too, cus she's "so much better than i"

8. Its just weed man. Youre in college, your parents were probably expecting you to be onto real drugs by now.

9. idk, i'm just worried about my future. my mom said she'd be disappointed in me if i ever did drugs, and my dad isn't proud of me anyway. so I guess it's no real difference with my parents...

10. #10 brahmabull, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2012
    go to norml website and look at the michigan laws and how cannabis is treated (traffic vilation vs drug)

i know in ny its just treated as a traffic violation so you just go to the court and pay the fine usually 50-100 dollars and thats it there is nothing else really

but im not sure about michigan, they may be more strict, youll have to check out the website

also call the court again and tell them you want to change the mailing address, i had a case in michigan involving alcohol/underage and i changed my mailing address to my cousins bc i didnt even live in michigan so just try again but that was like 5 years ago so they may have changed their policy i dunnno

but this is what i remember from when i had a case in MI, i went to the court to schedule a court date, and then i went second time for my actual court date, i did the whole court thing, judge asked me bunch of questions (i hired an attorney so the fines would be low and it would go off my record after 1 year) i paid the fines whatever and that was it, i dont have to report anything when i apply for work or school, and i actually called them a few years ago to check my record and what do you know they dont even have my name in the books, so they basically just took my money and forgot about it

dont worry too much about it, just check how strict marijuana laws are in MI (norml website) and then go from there, most likely they will just tell you to pay a fine like 100 dollars and maybe take an awareness class

11. my parents were surprisingly supportive....they were just awestruck that i smoke....

since my parents know and the whole idea was for them to not know, it's pointless to change my mailing address.

the only thing i'm worried about is my friend, who happens to be my ra....wants to have some fucking story about what we did and i'm like "we're getting off easy" but he wants to make up a story still.....D;

12. Cops never call the dogs....

13. you can call the number and just pay it, the states strapped for cash they just want $$$ vs. blotching up your record.

if you do have a lawyer, you could argue it was the drivers half oz and you were clueless as to it being in the car. not sure if it would work just an idea.

best of luck

14. i called the number on the ticket and the lady said "you're getting a letter in the mail, if you want to change your address you're agreeing to a court trial"