My story and some harsh life lessons.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dakattack101, Mar 19, 2011.

1. So, I'm a student at UC Santa Barbara, and a few weeks back I decided I wasn't mentally healthy enough to continue what I was doing at SB. In the past year I had felt growing feelings of depression, along with other family issues that needed to be taken care of, despite my good academic record (3.6 in Chemical Engineering, research job position), I decided my mental health was much more important so I took the time off.

Unfortunately I didn't have a ride home, about a 5 1/2 hour car ride, so I took the Greyhound (which is like 8 hours...). Bare in mind I had all my stuff I could carry from my dorm room with me as I had to move out. The driver was grouchy and bitter at me when I got there, saying shit like how if I have a bag I can't have a pillow as another carry-on (wtf...). Anyway, after a while he lets me onto the bus.

When I was about 2 or 3 hours away from home, we got off somewhere and I took a step out to vape some peppermint topped with kief in my MFLB. The driver looks at me and asks me "This your stop?" and I was like "Uh... no...?" and he says "Yes it is." And I'm like "Wtf, no? This is like the middle of nowhere." And he said "Well, you're smoking pot there buddy, I'm gonna have to call the cops" and I told him how I was Prop 215 compliant MMJ patient, and how I was on leave for medical depression. I even showed him that I was smoking peppermint, not weed, but he still went crazy, locked me out of the bus in the rain, and refused to talk to me until the police got there. I called my sister, a lawyer, who asked if she could talk to the man. When I asked the man, he said she could kiss his ass.

The police get there. I explain to them that I'm completely legal anyway, so I don't understand any problem that I've committed, other than admitting that I do in fact smoke weed. I also explain to them all the other shit going on with my life, they basically tell me too bad, I'm an adult and have to deal with it. They seemed to care about my well-being so little, which is odd considering they claim to be "protecting me". Instead, one of the cops tried to lecture me about the stress of his job. His argument was simply how many dead bodies I've seen on the ground in my life. My retort was whether he has ever attempted to BE that dead body on the ground, while having shit like engineering finals always looming. Everybody goes driving off and I'm stuck in the rain. I call my friend in Stanford which was close, he came and picked me up.

The real world sucks man. Why can't people just chill the hell out? It's a plant.

2. sounds like a few bureaucratic assholes to me. they have such little power and while most people don't care, these assholes just want to exploit every bit of made up power they got.

3. Bummer dude.

4. man, where do you live? in Europe things are completely different. i think it's the american way. not saying that that's bad.. you guys have gorgeous women and great sports, just europeans are much more laid back in my opinion. but anyways, i'm sorry man. i feel for you, i've gone through those shit periods like that in my life, too

5. American cops are the worst man. At least you had a friend nearby to pick you up though.

6. Don't worry man, you get twats wherever you go. Lucky you had that good friend close by or you would have been screwed haha.

7. that seriously sucks, but I guess you learned the hard way that even if it is legal, some people still demonize it, so it's best to keep it private.

8. your completley right, i live in ct,usa and the cops here suck. ALTHOUGH a cop let me off with just flushing my seeds but i digress. Bus driving sucks and chances are if hes driving the bus than his life is prolly worse than yours. All he saw was some college kid smoking weed and prolly being unjustifiably against the herb himself decided to be a giant dick. Dude my advice, find someone ANYONE to talk to about your issues, stay in college until the end man. You never know if your about to take a 20 year "break" from school, know what i mean bruddha?

9. lol i bet you something decently shitty happened to that bus driver dude later on, like he dropped a 50 down a drain or some shit like that.

karma will find it's way :)

10. yea unfortunately I too had to drop out of college, but for physical medical problems, that also caused a pretty severe depression. I wish I wouldn't have, but the best I can do now is just try and save up my money and hope eventually I'll be able to go back to school.

Edit: Yea I bet that bus driver is going to be karmically raped

11. ive seen it personally, karma is real. It's funny when you can hear and see the train coming but they cant.

12. You vaped in front of him? Why would you do that? Sucks how everyone reacted though. Sounds like a nightmare.

13. I'm a senior at UCSB and lived on DP, and dude living there is like living in a cop state. They are everywhere and you really have to balance life like no other. I hope things improve for you man, IV can be so great but as you know, it's a strange place.

14. i feel the same way about school. except i fail horribly.