My Stepson is a selfish, ungrateful, disrespectful, lazy, spoon fed piece of garbage,

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by NIXXXON, Mar 24, 2012.

1. This ^^ everyone's just suggesting the bullshit quick fixes like sending him off to military school. That's unloading the problem on someone else, not solving it.

I'm only 18 and have little experience raising children, but it seems to me that if you wanna turn him around there isn't going to be a quick fix, and your going to have to be patient as fuck. Isn't that kind of the whole point of being a parent? Patience.

2. #182 Sunny Jim, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    It's been said but the kid is only 13 fucking years old. God knows I was more or less the same way when I was that age, a little less because my mother was too broke to afford TV and video games. I still found ways to act out. I'd disappear for days on end and would shoplift. I was pretty much out of the house by the time I was 14-15. Off being a little vagrant shit, running wild (and from the cops) doing whatever I wanted. Sold weed and alcohol to make money...didn't give a flying fuck about school. The only reason I passed any classes was because the school I went to was a joke and the teachers didn't wanna see my ass again.

Around 18 or 19 I realized that I was becoming a younger version of my father; a bitter drunk and a failure and that realization pushed me to get back into school etc.

21 now, living on my own. Got a job, a degree, living on my own...Don't have the perfect life but I achieved more than my father ever did.

You should allow him a little bit more time to mature I think. Maybe you two could find a hobby or some sort of project to do together to show him the value of working toward something without being punitive about it.

3. He obviously has issues I mean your his (stepdad) I never liked my stepdad even though he serenaded me with gifts and money I "knew" he wasn't my real dad...

Put the kid in therapy..find a therapist that "he" actually likes and can talk to.

4. I thought this was going to be a post mocking that post the other day of how the guy had a father who was selfish self centred etc..LOL
    just tell ur step son to step up his game or send him to a bording school!!!!

5. hahahah i thought it was swhen i clicked it!!! LMFAO

6. Where u from? I'll beat that bitch right for the right price ill go in half on plane ticket lol for day:)

7. Man dont let that little piece of shit make you end the marriage with the person you love. Your wife needs to stop letting him get away with shit and let him get his ass beat.

8. You had no business marrying that woman if you can't handle what comes with her(her child).

9. #189 TheQueen, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012

If he and his wife have a 6 year old together, he's been in the kid's life since he was at least around 7,and you cannot predict how a child will act in 6 years. It seems as though his own mother is struggling with his behavior.

I'm willing to bet that you don't have any kids. Trust me, even I have my days when I wish I had just opted for the BJ.

10. Hey you should chill with the slaying of the kids dad and saying the kids never gonna amount to anything.

Your just the pot head step dad whos porking his mom and taking away his xbox in the kids eyes

11. Truth, that was such an armchair answer.

12. i had a step mom for a while, and u guys need to realize how complicated the step relationships are, they are super strange overall, theres always that lingering "you arent my mom or dad" when op would piss off the kid. its a really strange dynamic. I would say just have his mom have a serious convo with the kid or stricter punishment, he may rebel more. maybe talk to a psychologist if ur really concerned about having a violent outburst.