My Stealth Grow Box

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by stykronik, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Hello I'm a complete noob here and this is my first custom grow box and first time grower also. Currently building a 3' H, 18" W, 18" D. It will be a stealth cab and i was wondering about the lighting and ventilation of it. its a 3/4 inch square wood stick frame and then a piece of thin plywood on the outside of the frame. I will be posting pictures soon.

All Tips & Tricks Will Surely Be Appreciated

Thanks

2. #2 GrowTrees, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    wrong thread sorry

3. Tight space. Look at scrog, think long and low. With a long cab you can run multiple linear fluoros like t5ho across the top which would take up less space than a bunch of coil bulbs. The current footprint is not big enough for HID and cooling would be a bitch, a 100x3 LED might work with the tall design but maybe not a low one as I read they can bleach flowers at close range, no actual LED experience here, something to look into though. Cooling can be a 120mm axial fan or two pulling from the top with passive intakes at the bottom. Black, breathable material over the inlets and outlets to halt light leakage, false floors and walls work great for that, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #4 BlackLab, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    Also look at Vscrog or vertical scrog. I think that is the one where a strong bulb is hung downward in the center of a tall cab, plants are trained up the walls on mesh, like ivy, circling the bulb, then the flowers grow inward toward the light. Utilizes the walls as flowering realestate and they all receive equal light, as with normal scrog, eliminating light penetration issues and increasing yield by training to utilize small spaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum