My sprout still has shell on. Under lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by phyking, Jan 16, 2011.

1. So my little laddy just sprouted and she still has the shell on. Is it still developing and doesnt want light or should I just keep it under the light?

I'll +rep for some good A's

2. This happens occasionally. Keep the light on it, it will come off.

The shell can be removed with care. It should require very little force. If it doesn't come off, just wait a day until it opens up a little bit more.

3. Happened to me just take some tweezers and pull it off carefully it'll kind of have an elastic type thing around it kind of part of the seed, it's hard to explain lol give it another day and it not then it off

4. Don't fuck with it and give it time.

It is VERY easy to totally screw up a seedling at this point.

It's not the first time it's happened, and nature can pretty well take care of it.

Wet

5. do the exact opposite of this and everything should be fine.

one guy getting a seed shell off with tweezers doesnt mean its a viable option. let it go, as the plants gets a bit bigger it should open the shell more. you might have to tip it off, but pulling or tweezers probably shouldnt be involved for a few more days.

6. I should have specified mine was 4 days sprouted when I took he shell off it actually seemed to make it stretch because not light was getting to the leaves so I just took it off, I wasn't saying because I did it it's safe or everyone should do it I'm just saying I did it and the outcome was fine.