my spontaneous decision to start a new grow. pics included.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by namenlos923, Sep 3, 2011.

1. i got bored one day and decided i would germinate a few bag seeds i had. out of 5 seeds three germinated, but only two actually popped up from the soil. then i noticed one sprout lagging and looking twisted. i let it go for a few days and then it actually looked like it was dying so i pulled it. my one sprout that is left is looking really good. i am using soil from my own back yard, but it is pretty rich and fertile. my only problem is that it likes to keep moisture a little more than i'd like. i'm growing in a gatorade bottle i had laying around for now. i have this sprout under a 23 watt 3000k cfl. it's on nothing but 12/12 as of yesterday. btw this sprout is about 2 weeks old. i don't want a big plant, just doing this as an experiment. tell me what you guys think, maybe some suggestions.

oh! another thing, i know that pretty much whatever you water your plant with will effect the taste in some way, so i was wondering would it hurt if i watered it with water that has some pure orange extract to make it taste orangey?

also it looks like there might be green moss or mold growing on top of my soil (second picture) what will take care of that?

Attached Files:

2. lookin good... get more lights in there.... 100 actual watts minimum... do yourself a favor, do it...

all you need is a power strip, im sure you have one of those

some socket adapters... and some Y splitters... all in all, about 8 bucks

then the lights... visit lowes, they have the 2700K(soft white) bulbs on the cheap... another five...

the 12 bucks you will have invested will be very worth it...

you should also look into a larger pot

3. i'm definitely gonna get some Y splitters, and i think i actually have some actual 2700k lights around the house. was thinking about getting an 18 inch T5 to velcro on the grow box im gonna make out of a large cardboard box too. still a work in progress, but thanks for the suggestions!

4. i do have drainage holes at the bottom and about an inch of gravel on the bottom and then i put the soil on the gravel. i haven't watered in about 3 days and it's still fairly moist. and thanks for the link the thread!

5. oh and btw i checked on it today and the newest leaves have 7 fingers....it skipped 5 lol it's awesome