My spiritual epiphany

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by indytoker22, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Hey blades. So on Monday I had a spiritual epiphany. Just all during the school day I was having the realization that we are all one soul and each of us is part of the soul and our purpose in life is to experience as much as we can, learn as much as possible, and have an impact. Since this realization, I have begun to do all my work, and try my hardest at school. Now I believe that everything has a soul and a purpose on this Earth. I have also realized that we are all essentially the same, but we each have few unique qualities. Now during the school day when I get stressed I take deep breaths, close my eyes, and change my state of mind. Also whenever something phases me or changes my state of mind to a negative state, I look deep down and change it to gratefulness and happiness. The thing is, I would like to study Hindu beliefs but I come from a very Christian family. I don't know, maybe its just me that has experienced anything like this. I just thought I would post about it and ask if any other blades have had an experience similar to mine.

2. im right now getting into that hindu stuff, havent yet, but my dad and mom met in a yoga class, were taught by a guy who wasnt famous in the yoga world until after they were taught by him, and he was telling me how so many people live longer specifically cuz yoga

3. yea, my indian friend told me how he does yoga before finals and he has got to be the most peaceful person i know

hah wen i asked him wat he wanted for his birthday he said peace and happiness

4. cool revelation

yeah man... that's what it's all about. but we are all special. each with a different piece of eternity.

I'd say you should definitely look into Hinduism...

Christians tend to be so close minded...

I'm from a christian family too, and I still hold onto the bible, because I can find true meaning in it... but as for all the preachers and religious people... so often they just want to convert you, they don't even try and help you find your soul.

it take a lot of seeking to really find truth.

but don't give up... it sounds like you know how to control your thoughts... that's the first step.

5. You have no idea what I have to go through with my mormon friends haha...

I've been trying to get in to yoga but it seems like it would be a bit weird to me. Especially after watching the Jackass where Johnny Knoxville was in the yoga class wearing spandex and was farting all over. That sort of kept me away cause I have seen people do stuff like that in real life hehe...

That's cool that you had that experience. It will probably help you a lot in finding yourself and everything.

Peace.

6. ya, we're all interconnected by an energy. That could be scientifically explained by how we can detect hormones that other people are emiting.

what everyone does has some impact.

I have become less athiest than agnostic lately. I've decided to make this count because there is no afterlife.

just what I've been thinking....

7. can you be so sure?

8. Good stuff. If you've seen Waking Life there's a part that talks about mankind having some kind of collective conscience, like when the answers to questions are figured out by someone, everyone has access to those answers.

My buddy told me a theory of his once. He thinks while some religions may not be all right, they could be partially tapping into some kind of energy that governs the world. Like when a Christian prays sincerely, they may be communicating with something or someone on some level. Every religion may be brushing the surface of the truth, but just not get the full picture.

9. Yeah, you can't even get the full picture with a thousand words. :) Just imagine trying to get the "real" truth with a thousand pictures.

Transcendence...

10. You're right there is no 'afterlife' there is only life. Life and time are the same thing. Both never end.

11. ummmm...didn't think i'm all that hardcore of an athiest. just been leaning that way lately.

12. Yeah, when a lot of people have these epiphanies and begin to look into Eastern Religions which have been explicitly stating this for a while, many people begin to shy away from Christianity even more and begin to dislike it. For me this is not the case. When I look at the bible, specifically the new testament, I feel as if I'm tapping into some very true statements. Now, I don't agree with everything, and for all I know, some priest or bishop or pope could've changed some words in the bible a thousand or so years ago before there were that many of them, but I digress.

One of the phrases in the bible, that I think has relevance to this discussion, is when Jesus (or it might've been Paul) is talking about how we are all one in Christ. Basically they were describing the church, and how it's not an institution, but is in everyone of us, and we are all a part of it. Just many parts make up the human body, so do we all make up the "church". There is also talk about how each one of is the temple of God (body is the vessel for the soul perhaps?) and how we really are all the same through Christ.

Also another thing that has always struck me as interesting is how so many of the world's religions focus on the same things. One of the biggest being that thing known as the Golden Rule, Do Unto Others, what you would have others do unto you. Phrases just like that have been found in religions from Christianity to Taoism as well. Anyways I'm rambling now and should get back to my English paper.

peace

13. wow blades thanks for all of the feedback. i am definately getting into Hinduism and borrowing a Hindu spiritual book from my indian friend he got in india :hello:

thanks again for your comments

14. i think you have the right idea. the differences between the world religions are really no thicker than this line ____________. if we take the time to actually get to know one another and stop with the discrimination and hate, we will learn so much about other cultures and religions. we might find that its all pointing towards the same thing but the fact that we are divided slows our path dramatically. We need to Unite.