My Soil Mix - am I missing anything?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MKIV Matt, Feb 14, 2014.

That's your call and your $$$. No argument from me. Actually, $17/25lb isn't bad for what you are getting.

If it was $17 for a 3 or 5lb bag, I'd raise an eyebrow. LOL

Wet

2.  Everyone, s. eriously, thank you for all the input. It's greatly appreciated!

For the posts regarding alfalfa, I sourced some at a local tractor store. I should be picking it up later this week, so that will solve 1 problem.

Secondly, regarding the plants possibly being root bound. I don't see that as being an issue yet, I check the pots and there's plenty of room in there still. Also, since adding the perlite all the plants have jumped up a few INCHES! I'm actually amazed at the growth.

Regarding the Auto Plant under the T-5 - I'm keeping the light on a 18/6 schedule. The only reason I put it under the T5 was to see if my CFL was the limitation. 

So it looks like I missed the aeration step when putting together the soil. The auto plant isn't going to yield much at all, but it was a freebie and it allowed me to learn alot of things not to do..hahahahah

My main reason for staying away from MH/HPS is heat. That was a deal killer with the old, lady. So for now I'm staying away from them and I understand my yields may not be the best, but maybe later on down the road I can talk her into it. :)     Do you have a single bucket setup for DWC? I honestly haven't looked into it much.