My SOG ventures beginnings

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Jade plant, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Hi GC people! This is the start to my diary of doing SOG from seed/starting a of growing, the reason for seed is i don't have the room for a mother plant and there's no where to buy Clones were I am, and one of the main reason for SOG is I am hoping to maximise yield in the limited space I've got.

Here is a run down of my set up its really stealth I've had midwives sat on my sofa next to it for over an hour with out ever telling or smelling it's there (I love carbon filters and Variac's)

I have a single homemade wardrobe 3ft(L)x2ft(W)x6ft(H) with a shelf splitting the wardrobe into a veg room in the lower part (T5 6bulb 2ft) and the flowering room at the top (400Hps).

My wardrobe essentially has a climate control system compare to my first version, that being made up of a twin variac fan speed and heater control box thing lol, one variac with the minimum fan speed set and the other with the max fan speed set, with the atc800+ controlling it all I set the temp at 21* fan idles (rhino 6" with filter), if it falls below 20* tube heaters turns on fan slow's down and if it rises above 22* fan speeds up, massive passive inlet under the raised floor tray on bottom with a pre filter also the separating shelve has huge holes for air flow with more pre filter to block lights out from veg room, oh and a cold mist humidifier with a humidistat set at 70% by the time it's been blown around veg room and enters the flowering room its at 55% humidity

My Nutrient schedule is the making of ironhead a well loved GC member it's can be found if your search for "iron method" in the marijuana cultivation section you'll find it and see the monsters he and others grow using it we are talking 20z+ mouth watering monsters well worth a look

I currently have x10 ghs Kings kush in plain coco and x10 female seeds WW cross BB in 50/50 perl/coco all 3 days old and x6 WW cutting in 50/50 I took off the x6 ghs WW 2days ago (second attempt at cuttings).they will all be going in 2l Hempi Coke bottles once they've filled out there tiny pots (so I've found myself smashing down fizzy like there's no tomorrow for pots lol), perlite in Rez and 50/50 perl/coco as medium hand watered but there is a homemade dripper system so to be a edition the pump I bought don't have enough pressure for 2 drippers let alone the 25 I wanna run.

And thanks hddani for the 2l Hempi bottle idea again take a look he grows some monsters I hope my WW in the flowering are as monster as he's and I'll be well chuffed

I'll post pic tomorrow just before light on in flowering room, because I carnt open the door till then or flowering room is no longer in darkness until the sewing shop finish fitting the Velcro to the black out sheet for the top cupboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. This is day 9 since pop and they're all doing good starting to get the 4th set of leaf (once the fourth set is well established I'll add the Canazym and root excel at irons recommended amount) and look at the mutation on the new growth of 1 of the WWxBB seedling and nearly all my kings kush have a purple tint to them let's hope it stays purple [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] this last one a pic of the purple tint to the kings kush

• Like Like x 1
  4. I put two cuttings in a jug of leftover nutes just to see what happens and I have kept swapping it out for the next days leftovers and they're a lot more perky and havnt even drooped abit until I put them in the sun for 20 mins, first proper light they've seen since being cut and they drooped and I took them back out and 20mjns later they were upright, so last night I left the bottoms of the stalk in the nute mix for my seedling with the air stone on and they had started rooting without any hormones after a day and the six cuttings in the 50/50 mix are all saggy and they've been in that for over a week and they look poorly, the two with no lights,no soil,no temp control and no rooting hormones are doing much better pic will shortly follow

• Like Like x 1
  5. The two cutting in my seedling feed bottle[​IMG][​IMG]
    These and the x6 WW cutting over a week old [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And the mutant seedling [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] and finally a pic of them all [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. The experimental pot lol turned up today, all the bottles I am using are 2 litres and half will be hempy style and the other half plain pots home made of coarse [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. The biggest thing to worry about is the stretch when you begin flower, leave plenty of room. I'm growing LSD and one pheno nearly triples in height and the other increases 50% at most. You may see this when growing from seed, and I couldn't really see any difference until the flip, very different end product though.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Yh I had that with the last one I had x6 cheese plant and one of them rocketed I had to keep tieing it back the beast to stop it hitting light and It did a thew time, like you said it was three times the size of my others and in the end I just couldnt fit it under the light and had to leave it in the corner, when I went to harvest I cut the string and it instantly doubled in height lol, so them ones I flipped this time round I flipped them all much shorter

9. I've now decided to go hempy on all of them, perlite in the bottom 50/50 coco perlite in top [[​IMG][​IMG]IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160420/292ba9a682cf188b1323a978507d2438.jpg[/IMG] that's nearly all of them ready for the mycorrhizal fungi just before the transplanted really helps the roots explode.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]the mutant and the looks of more mutant leaf hehe

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. In the end I decided to keep 17 of the fastest growing seedlings to the best of my knowledge, i then potted the 15 plants i had selected for the SOG up into there 2litres hempy bucket.
    I have kept the other two plants to one side in their original pots one off each seed type, ones the weird looking one I just wanna see how it grows and if it carries on the leaf deformation I'll getting my friend to take cuttings for me and I wanna put some outside stealthy, anyway the two that have been kept eventually I wanna try turn them both into a scrog possibly with much larger pots each like 2gal, then see if I can get a larger Yield of x2 scrog rather x15 SOG.

I aim to harvest every two month so i am try to see which method gains me more yield over the coarse of a year so I don't have to buy any (I smoke far to much to pay for it lol)

For example:
    •Germinate 20 seeds in tiny pots wait till well rooted 2 Wks
    •get rid of three weakest
    •pot up in to the 2 litre pots
    •Move 15 SOG into flower
    •pot up 2 remaining in veg room into large pots
    •scrog 2 plants in veg room whilst waiting for SOG be finished then flipped them 2
    •then start again from beginning of this list

Or whether to just do perpetual SOG

12. Looks good man. The amount of plants there dude your bound to get some great phenos that would be worth keeping! You so could keep a mother or two in the corner of your veg box.

13. Thank you catfish for the comment, I just carnt seem to take cutting and keep them alive I've tried about x20 now and they just keep dying, I'm still doing something wrong as soon as I've figured it out I'll try some mother plant in the corner great idea thanks again

14. 17 days since flip running out of room WW flowering[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    My SOG veg room getting to full so I've moved 5 up to flower for more room hempy bucket are going great the min the roots hit the reservoir and EXPLODE!!! Hehe

15. Might have to scrap the SOG plants and start again from cuttings of them they getting fat to big for the veg box and there's no more room in the flower room for them any idea I'll be very much appreciated thanks

16. They got another 4-5 weeks before I can move them up

17. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. The sea of greens is gone just couldnt fit them in the limited space I have I thought I could veg for 8wks because my first one grew so slow and this time they rocketed, I've gone from a SOG of 20 to a scrog of the best 4 lol I did saying it was a adventure and I took the wrong turn lol we learn and carry on

19. #19 Jade plant, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Oops pockets post