My Slice of Green

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mike45214, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Hey Mike, have you ever traveled outside our wonderful house and experience other people/countries/cultures/laws at all or much? Seems to be I'm 45 and ever since I have been looking around a lot of things are backwards take cannabis for instance it's never killed nobody why are they keeping it from us?(don't answer that I know) even CBD they pushback. we lock up more people in this country than any other country I'm just ashamed sometimes of how many sectors across this country are backwards or completely behind and left behind a lot of other countries are even surpassing us on cannabis now look at Canada. Some people with power have said they don't believe healthcare is a right in this country I don't want to get a political as im a hardcore independent but you got people mortgaging their homes because they can't afford medication it's been going on for 30 years at least it's ridiculous I can't help but notice these things. 2003 I tried warning as others did as well maybe we shouldn't go into Iraq considering we knew at the time they had nothing to do with 9/11. People accused people like me of being communist and shouted us down where are those people now? That plan didn't work out too well and nobody will take claim to it same with the other stuff currently they won't be around to claim they will blame. Seems to me it's like people in small towns that think everything including incest is normal until you get outside of your small town he realize just how whacked everything is.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm intrigued by far red or even emerson boards.(multi-reds), but haven't bought anything yet. In the limited space of my cabinet I don't think I could fit them easily.

My buddy @Or_Gro is producing some absolutely monstrous bud under some crazy-ass lighting right now using far red, emersons, and UV. Seems like the far reds let him have a longer "day" during flower...

3. Breeder DJ Short says to give your plants a 11/13 light cycle to allow your them to better express different phenotypic traits that you wouldn't normally see with a 12/12 cycle. I'm going to try that this round with the far red.

I don't think I'm ready to add serious UV to my grow yet. Gotta be careful with the plants and myself when that's going.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. Heard my name taken in vain....

first supplemental i’d buy is an emerson board, combo of red, deep red, far red, research has proven that the emerson effect boosts photosynthesis efficiency. hlg makes a version qb18 (diy)/qb36 (full kit), rapidled also makes one. Because far red stimulates stem stretch, especially when used with other reds, emerson bd is generally used after flowering stretch phase..

Next would be a far red initiator, you use it for first 15 mins AFTER lightsout, to reduce the 2hr time it takes to shift plant into “sleep” mode to almost instantaneous “sleep” mode. It is used during flowering (after stretch) for one of two reasons: to build bigger flowers ( in this case, lightsoff is reduced by as much as 2hrs, with corresponding increase in lightson), or to shorten flowering duration (by keeping lightson:lightsoff at 12:12).

Uva-b is used to boost trichome production, it is assumed this increases thc. This is a trickier thing to use because it damages plants and humans. Most people use reptile lights during final 2 weeks of flower (trick is figuring out correct height and amount of time). Solacure and agromax make stronger uva-b lights.

All of these things are discussed on the internet. Rollitup has extensive threads on far red and uva-b.

I am using all three on my current extreme flowering under 48sams thread. Feel free to post questions there or to pm me if you have questions. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. Been about 2 ½ years since I've grown! Finally going to get back at it. Details and pics will be coming later today.

6. Tent is a 5x5 AC Infinity
    Light is a HLG 650R
    Extraction fan and carbon filter are both 6in AC Infinity products with a controller
    There's a Pulse One monitor in there too.
    Bags are 5 gal Rain Science bags with Mother Earth coco I'm using a smart power strip that has a timer built into the app. Love the idea that I can turn things on and off even when I'm not home. I plan on getting a camera at some point to put in there.

Seeds are three of each of the following
    Bruce Banner, Fruity Peebles and Gelato all feminized. Two of the Bruce Banners and one Gelato have sprouted today.
    [​IMG][​IMG]