My sister is a terrible mother...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by The Crunge, Jun 6, 2012.

1. My sister moved back in with my parents recently following a failed 6 month marriage. She has a 1 1/2 year-old boy who she sucks at taking care of.
    She's sleeping on a mattress on the floor of my parent's computer room. The crib is in there also. If the baby wakes up crying at night, she's too lazy to get out of bed and take care of him, so she'll make him cry for half an hour until she finally gets out of bed. In the meantime, she's just yelling at him.
    In the morning, the baby will wake up crying, say... at 6:00am. She won't get up until 8 to let him out of his crib. Once again she just yells at him and tells him to shut up.

She's always on the computer too. From the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed, she's on the computer. When she's on the computer, she completely ignores her son. He'll touch her arm and hold a book up to her so she can read it to him, and she yells at him because she wants him to go away because reading a Dr. Suess book is SOO GOD DAMN TIME CONSUMING. She just never spends time playing, feeding, or reading to her son.

Today, she was (still is) on the computer while her son was in his crib crying because he wanted out. She ignored him, besides yelling at him for crying, for a good hour before I walked in and put him down. I said to her "was that so difficult?". Then she told me to fuck off.

He continued to "bother" her because he was hungry, so she put him in the hallway and shut the door on him. He got upset because he just wanted his mom, and she just locked him out. I picked him up and opened the door and told her "he wants you". She said "well I'm working. I'm writing a resume, and I filled out 3 applications already. I don't have time for him." I explained to her that his problems were more important than filling out applications. Sure, those applications might help in the long run, but right now, she needs to focus on her child.
    She said "what are you doing? sitting on your ass?". Yeah I was, but this isn't my kid. You can't expect me to take care of him without telling me to do so. He's your child.

There's more, but you get the idea. She is just a bad mother. She hasn't realized that her kid needs to come first. If she's doing something, and he kid is crying, she needs to stop what she is doing and take care of his problem. once he's all taken care of, she can resume what she's doing. That is, until he's older and can understand that she's busy. But for now, he's just a baby. He doesn't understand words... She's just a selfish bitch.

2. anonymous call to social services. locking your 1.5 year old son n a hallway and telling him to shut up AND not feeding him? fuck that, she clearly isn't mature enough to take care of a child.

3. Sounds like your sister had a kid too young. She's not mature enough to handle it, imo. She needs to be reminded that her son didn't ask to be born, and if she didn't want the baby she shouldn't have had sex. Now she has responsibilities. She needs to live up to said responsibilities. One can sympathize because her marriage went bust, but that cannot change the fact that she brought a new life into this world, and until that life turns 18, she will be held accountable for everything he wants and needs. What do your parents have to say about the situation? Don't they have anything to say to her when she's ignoring her crying son?

4. [quote name='"tokinbud420"']anonymous call to social services. locking your 1.5 year old son n a hallway and telling him to shut up AND not feeding him? fuck that, she clearly isn't mature enough to take care of a child.[/quote]

This x1000. What an irresponsible mother. She doesn't sound mature enough to take care of a dog, let alone a child.

5. I would of done something by now man. That kid can grow up to have some problems cause of "mother"

Dont talk. Fuckin do something about. You MAY not be in the situation to really have a say but least try buddy.

Good luck man.

6. Yeah you gotta do something bro. My sister is the same way, except my niece is 6 years old right now, and thank god for that, that she can't fully understand the way her mom is acting. My sister starts work before her kid starts school, and is home around 6pm...when she comes home. She likes to go straight to the gym after work until 9-10pm or really just find anything to do that means she doesn't have to spend time with her kid. When she is home, she's constantly yelling at her...there was one time my niece told her mother she loved her, and my sister yelled at her and told her she was busy. Really?

I mean shit, I feel horrible for yelling at my daughter when she isn't listening or throwing a tantrum, I can't fathom yelling at my kid for no reason whatsoever other than not wanting to be a parent.

7. Once again,
    This is why I have the strong belief that you should need a license or maybe at least a psychological evaluation before punching one out. I suppose shes one of those chicks who pulls the duckface....Anyone who has ever done that seriously should be euthanized. She sounds like a beauty bro, just try to help maybe she'll pull her head out of her ass...

8. The only reason I haven't called social services is because my parents love him to death. My parents love him more than my sister does. I've told my parents about what goes on, and they agree, but they just tell me "she's in a stressful time right now". No. She's always gonna do this. My sister kinda makes my parents take care of him. They don't like it, but they don't really mind either.

9. Then step up and take care of him. Hes your flesh and blood to, remember that.

If your unwilling to call social services or youre parents arent stepping up and handling what your sister cant then either fill in where you can or call social services.

This kid is within your family to, even if its not your own kid. Family always comes first, if your sitting on your ass help your sister out and take care or play with the kid.

The kid is going to be even more fucked up if you ignore him to. Try to reach out and help him become a figure in his life as much as you can and let your parents fill in to. The baby will grow up and remember who helped and who didnt if you make enough of a impression early on.

Sorry to sound like a dick but im just saying either fill in or take action dont let the kid get even more fucked up and ignored. It is young and can still have a healthy happy life if you do something early.

10. I kinda don't like the idea of calling CPS. It has been my experience that every time CPS gets involved, it only makes matters worse. I can tell you some horror stories about my stepson and the hell we went through to help get him away from CPS in another state. It was awful! CPS needs to be the very last option you turn to. As long as the baby is getting what it needs from you and your parents, he'll be okay. Just give him love and attention every chance you get. Maybe, hopefully, your sister will come to her senses soon, and become the mom she was meant to be.

11. [quote name='"pearl75"']I kinda don't like the idea of calling CPS. It has been my experience that every time CPS gets involved, it only makes matters worse. I can tell you some horror stories about my stepson and the hell we went through to help get him away from CPS in another state. It was awful! CPS needs to be the very last option you turn to. As long as the baby is getting what it needs from you and your parents, he'll be okay. Just give him love and attention every chance you get. Maybe, hopefully, your sister will come to her senses soon, and become the mom she was meant to be.[/quote]

This. Cps doesn't fuck around. The kid will be long gone in the system, and it will be hell getting the kid back.

12. I'd almost never resort to calling the authorities. That's not the answer. The answer is getting his mother to act like a grown up and take care of him.

13. The first option, yeah... but what if the mother is just a lazy cunt who continues to willingly neglects a baby?

I'd rather see a baby go through a shit system like the CPS than be malnourished and have a shitty life.

My mom has two of my cousins she adopted. They are both drastically behind kids their age mentally because of the lack of care from their parents. Had CPS not stepped in and taken the kids they might not be capable of being functioning adults. The one is borderline mentally disabled and it's 100% because of how her parents treated her.

At some point you have to throw in the towel and save those kids from a worse fate than CPS.

I agree with your first solution, but given my experience in these situations I can say it hardly ever works. A lazy cunt is hardly susceptible to guilt. Lazy shitty parents are almost guaranteed to continue doing what they do best.

14. He wasn't like locked in a room. The hallway he was in goes to the living room and to the kitchen where I was. She just closed the door to the room she was in so he couldn't go in there to "bother" her. He wasn't alone per se, but the fact that she ignored his hunger and didn't allow him to see her is what's fucked up.

And I did feed him. I'm always the one to feed him.

He's going to be a fucked up kid. I hate to say it, but it's true.

15. I agree, but in this situation the baby is already living with its grandparents, so it's safe, and being taken care of. Now, if the mother and baby were living on their own, and the mother was ignoring the child and not taking care of him, and the grandparents couldn't step in for whatever reason, then I could see calling CPS.

16. Dude Id verbally OWN your sister. Nonstop.

Baby cries at 5am and she's not up in 5 minutes ima be in there dumping ice water on her face.

17. What you should do.is everytime she ignores him, remind her of her responsibility. If she doesn't respond, then help the little one, but make sure she knows it happened. Hopefully she will someday snap out of it. If not she can.never claim she didn't know when her kid wants no.part of her.

18. Yeah, I'm sorry but she would get a verbal bashing from me every time she saw me. I wouldn't let her win a goldfish at a county fair much less be responsible for a child. I'm not one for snitching or talking in court but if the baby's father is more responsible than her I'd let him know and tell him to schedule a custody hearing and then I'd show up and testify on her ass. If I could I'd record her doing all that type of shit for evidence in court. I'm sorry sister or not, that's a innocent child versus a grown ass woman. She's a bully to HER OWN FUCKING FLESH AND BLOOD. The child won't win and in the end the baby will suffer while she goes on about her merry life. Maybe having her kid taken away from her is the eye opener she needs. I'm sorry but I get very serious when it comes to the care of a child man.

19. This guy brings up a very good point. Where is the father, and would he take better care of the child?

20. Hey OP, it's like others have said, you and your folks need to step in and take control of the problem. Don't let the kid be tortured by his mom, even though he is little and doesn't realize what is going on it will scar him emotionally for the rest of his life. If you all can help him thru the next 3 or 4 years he will be better able to cope....