My shiny new grinder, pics mini review

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by doppelganger, Apr 7, 2014.

1. #1 doppelganger, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    Nothing special, just a decent 4 piece grinder I picked up a couple days ago. Sticker read "medrite".

I have no idea what material the grinder is actually made out of but the general feel & quality is on par for the price I paid.

The inside was clean, no metal shavings or other foreign objects just a plastic scoop.

So far no metal shavings or peeling going on after light use.

The top cover & base are checkered and the blade edges are pretty sharp. There's also a daisy cutter shape going on which I think is pretty cool. The top cover also rests on a teflon like band and a fairly strong magnet keeps it together. Btw the 2nd picture shows the only gripe I have about this grinder. The bottom piece in that picture is the top cover, the inside edge of the wall here is caked with "bands" or "streaks" of green. I thought it was peeling but after running my nail the streaks of green came off. Some of that stuff has gotten behind the teflon like band as well. Not really something to complain about just something I thought I'd mention.

The screen is decent, has a nice seal to it and again no metal shavings. I'm just paranoid after seeing pictures of metal shavings in freshly ground bud when using new metal grinders. I guess the brushed look is from the cnc process or deburring? Anyone is welcome to chime in.

I'm pretty sure I forgot to mention some things but oh well lol

& I picked this up from a Starship novelty type store in case anyone's wondering.

As for the pictures, sorry cell phone quality but I tried playing with the light and flash settings to pick up somedetail, enjoy & comment. If you have a grinder like it let me know how its worked out for you and thanks for looking & will post pictures of grinder in action later.

Attached Files:

2. #2 doppelganger, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    What a rainy way to start the week. I'm tempted to use the damn thing to grind up some of this gsc, blue cheese or moonwreck and smoke.

3. Went with right under half a gram of girl scout cookies in a vanilla Dutch.

Fine fluffy grind, had to tap grinder a bit as needed.

Find myself tapping the blunts, light finger taps to get the green to settle. You don't want what I like to call the opposite of milkshake blunts which are rolled too tight. The fluffy grind can make you roll loose and have an inconsistent spread when rolling. U get air pockets that suck balls lol

Anyways... enjoy & thanks for looking ;)

Attached Files:

4. Nice clean looking blunt!

5. Thanks, I know a lot of people are turned off by cigars but its my preferred method of smoking.

I just always remove that glue strip which is easily traced by the visible line on the cigar. I split it there, hold it up to the light & tear it out. This piece is visible in the toilet shot.

Less paper, no glue + a good roll = nice blunts