My Sh*tty Glass Collection

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by BigDaddyVapor, Apr 7, 2013.

1. nice collection man its huge i wish i had so manyh pieces.. which is ur fav out of all of em n which functions the best out of all ur perc?

2. #22 guest0934092, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    Great comparison video. Really well done to demonstrate the pieces and I like your rolling credits analysis at the end too.

Would you be willing to do one like that to compare your Treehouse and your GlassBlowersDirect pieces? I'm having GBD make me a custom bubbler for oil and I'm trying to decide if I want it with slits or gridded. I'm wanting to decent diffusion while maintaining a good portion of flavor. What's your opinion?

3. #23 BigDaddyVapor, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013

Thanks!

The EFS and the M&M Tech, that first versus video I made. Those are my favorites.

Best functioning perc? That would be 3. M&M Tech Lattice, EFS Triple-Grid Donut and the Treehouse Gridded Showerhead. Everything fires, everything is smoooooooth out of those 3 pieces. EFS and M&M Tech, I like better than the Treehouse, because of the larger can size.

I can make you the video, though I won't be able to until tomorrow night, if that's cool with you (would actually go up Friday morning)?

Sam makes a pretty nice straight showerhead. Smooth, even slits. I haven't seen any of his gridded work. Personal preference, I like gridding. It adds a nice little purr to the pieces, that I like. Smoothes out the hit, though maybe the slightest loss in flavor. The big showerhead in Sam's FC bubbler is a good flavor piece.

I take it, you want dabs? I'll pick up some wax on Thursday, if the co-ops have any. Slim pickings sometimes.

I can't really make a comparison beyond that, right now... I've never stacked them back to back. Will know more then.

4.  I dig 'em. :)

5. your collection isn't bad but why is it all clear glass?

6. Hold all giggles until the end. How many pictures can I have of one stupid tube?

[​IMG]

7. I'll take that as a compliment. :metal:

My parents had me very young. I remember my dad in graduate school, getting his PhD in biochemistry. I spent, I don't know how many afternoons with him, in the lab. I've been fascinated with scientific/clear glass since then. Just as some people like heady... which I do also. I will eventually own some. But, I'm much more into watching/seeing the action going on and appreciating that beauty... than I am, with colors. Plus, I can pick up a HQ clear scientific piece for $200 that compares to $500+ glass. For good heady work.. you are going to pay for it, period. I don't have that kind of cash flow.

For anyone interested... picked up some tasty Trainwreck wax today. I hope to make a video tonight, should be up tomorrow morning. Might do two, because I picked up some Afghoo bubble hash also and I want to try it with my Heat Island vape and a new bowl/tube attachment, I received.

8. #28 guest0934092, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013

That would be awesome, thanks. Actually I've never seen Sam do gridded work either; asking him to make me a piece with it would be a gamble.
    Yes it's for wax. I have my little hitman phase 2 for full flavor and a stemline to double honeycomb for max diffusion so I'm trying to get a solid in between, decent for flowers as well. 

I'm eager to see your pieces back to back though to help make my decision :)

9. Dude your collection is fuckin sick. If yoymur good to your glass it'll last forever. I feel the same about clear glass man. My all time favorite looking bong is the og tall clear beaker bottom w the low ice pinch

Sent from my LS670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Sorry for the delay. Been a busy weekend. Wife and mother-in-law are taking a trip out of town with another friend, so getting the house ready, etc... been a mad house. Still having some editing/rendering issues. I would have liked to reshoot some footage, but I was on my last leg, as it was.

Hope it helps makes your decision. IMO, gridded was a clear winner on this. Unless, you're someone that like chuggier pieces. The GBD, while chuggy... is flavor dynamite and a really smooth hitter.

http://youtu.be/E-b5pBqYLv4

Glad you like it. :metal:

I've always felt this way. If I want a table decoration, I'll buy a vase. I'll ask Ray Verling (SSFG) to make me a heady piece one of these days, but probably about as far as I go.

11. This totally helped me out. Thanks a lot dude. Definitely going with the gridded. Keeps most of the flavor, has excellent, even, diffusion, and looks like it streams much more than it chugs. Keep making awesome videos BigDaddyVapor and I'll keep watching 

12. I'm working on perfecting a VapeXhale Cloud-like performance from the Heat Island. Alan sent me a new tube a while back, I just started messing with. I can pull 6 - 8 milky hits off just a single load. Trying to get it down consistent. Having issues with the cure of the bud. Most everything is cured for combustion and needs to have a little crunch to the herb.

Hope to have a video of it soon.

Though, I heard the Cloud has run into some issues. Its another example of an over-engineered vape, like the Epic Vapes... which have recently started to experience catstrophic failures. One guy, literally escaped a fatal shock, by pure dumb luck. Every one of those EV-1, EV-2 and E-Nano's should be recalled and fixed immediately. They have serious wiring issues. That and 120 VAC is bad news.

13. #33 BigDaddyVapor, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
    Just a quick note, as on the video page. I should have paid more attention to my shoot. I'm not happy with the bubbles, showing up, because on a casual glance, they look embedded in the glass. That is not the case. The spot, where the actual inline starts, is where everything builds up, in all (3) of my inline pieces. The water flow, is pretty poor at that juncture. So, while not the most perfect piece of glass... I don't like that it somewhat misrepresents to piece.

Still one of my favorite pieces, even being "cheap" by most standards. But, this is one of SSFG's entry into some pretty spectacular functioning pieces. For not much more or even less than $100... you can get a nice jump into some decent glass. This tube for instance, $150.

HD 1080 full-screen
    http://youtu.be/0QjpmsAgvFY

14. #34 No Schwag, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
    Your Shitty glass is stupendous! :)

also... I really like clear glass. I think scientific pieces are beautiful. You and millions of other people must agree that in some ways, they are beautiful. Heady pieces are a different story. Regardless, your collection is incredible and I think you'll show people that for a fair price, they can get some incredible glass.

15. #35 BigDaddyVapor, Jun 23, 2013
    This is actually one of my favorite (because it gets so much use) pieces. I immediately replaced the HVY branded downstem, with a 15-slit gridded from a friend in Oregon. For its convenient size, its a real smooth hitter and being $70 piece, I'm not going to shed any tears if it breaks. I would be bummed, because I do really like using it, though. Nice to use with either the HI, or my MFLB and a whip. This video was more for the HI, to show how many rips you can get off a very small amount of herb.

HD 1080
    http://youtu.be/Ga1wCmDS8Tc

16. i think their sick man

17. shitty?! hah! i have one spoon...  :confused_2:

18. #38 BigDaddyVapor, Jun 25, 2013
    Updating some videos (I'm really just OCD about making videos). I've been waiting a long time, to pick up such a cheap little piece of glass (male to male adapter). I kept telling myself I was going to buy a new nail, but haven't yet. Dude wanted $19 for his cheap dome kit, I said... "I don't want that crap. I just want the adapter" so he let it go for the chump change. Plus, I bought the new torch.

I really think this is a perfect little dab rig. I've also got an exact (slightly smaller scale) knock-off, of the VB Hydrator to. My personal opinion, is that some blowers that might have used to work for Vapor Brothers... don't any more. I've talked to eough and know enough people, to know what goes on with some of the wholesale sites and guys trying to make a little on the side. These guys, just blatantly ripped it off however. This bubbler, is actually a really nice, well put-together piece, nice draw and the Real Deal. Has a slight rumble to it, but thats to be expected with the small bublers and the nature of some of the percs. Heck, the hole percs chug more than this.

Great flavor, retention also. USA Glass for sub $100. Not a bad investment at all. Also a nice piece for whip vapes.

HD1080
    http://youtu.be/-Bgm6c0Zs-U

19. #39 BigDaddyVapor, Jun 26, 2013
    Sometimes its good to be low friends with those in high places! Or wait... good friends in low...

So as my checkered past would indicate, yes... I know a guy, good friends. He's part owner of formerly Leviathan, now M&M Tech (basically, they took the designs of both companies and merged the two lines together). You can also still get branded Leviathan tubes at substantial savings, if you just talk him and ask, he'll be happy to oblige. I'll say one thing about Lev, however... don't expect him to rush. He'll tell you ALL the same stories glass blowers (yeah, even the reputable ones) tell you. Especially when it comes to shipping. Be patient, however. In the end, a very large majority of people, end up very happy. I've put my own rep (with smaller circles) on the line a few times and I don't feel he's ever screwed me over and I know others ended up... very happy.

Anyway, I'm not going to blow smoke and say, I bought this. First of all, I would be busted (and Lev pestered). Just for one simple reason. Its an unbranded piece. They don't make unbranded pieces, so please... don't request one. This is/was a gift. A late one, but I'm more responsible for it being late, than Lev. I never asked him to send it and I kept telling him, I'd hook up with him, next time I was in the area (then give him like same morning notice). He can't always drop everything and I don't like to barge in.

I talk/write too much, so here it is. Really sweet single showerhead. I point out single, because they do make a double, but I'm not sure if they put it in the ACs also. However, they DO make a Lattice AC (like my bubbler) that I swear I will own some day. I don't know what level you gotta be, to get favors on that one though. They are not cheap. :metal:

EDIT: Some might worry/wonder about bracing on the slide, I'm not. I found out, first hand. This took a tumble into the sink, with my j-hook. The j-hook is in the trash, in many, many pieces. Not a scratch on this... and it had a dome/nail attached also. Its built like all their stuff, a tank. Look at the close-up and upright picture of the base. Its THICK.

EDIT: Decided to upload video now...

http://youtu.be/OvfAs8Dmtho

Attached Files:

20. #40 BigDaddyVapor, Jun 28, 2013
    I've had this piece for a while now. My first foray, into "HQ" American Glass. MiO is just HVY, after he sold. He went and started a new company and is basically making the same stuff. The early hand-punched downstems they did, were awesome. All the holes lined up, all perfect sizing. Just beautiful. Mine had a micro-crack, I didn't notice until 3 days later. Too late to return or ask for a replacement at that point. Plus, they were a 2 hour drive. This also, being a gift from a family member... I've held onto it, after I replaced the downstem. It just doesn't make a good piece, with my preferred vape, the Heat Island.

Its good with whips... and as I discovered with the new 14mm adapter, its a heck of an oil rig, imo.

HD 1080/HQ SOUND
    http://youtu.be/T76c6X8rM3o