My Setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stoner815, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Thanks for all the tips man! So what kind of light was the one I was using at first? This thread is almost like a journal....haha.Anyways what does an Hps light look like?Is it like a tube and how many watts. The floros I have are 33watts.Sorry for all the questions man but I have read grow journals,bibles and so on. Im still just a little confused about some of the forms of lighting. thanks

2. HPS comes in these wattages

35, 50, 70, 100, 150, 250, 400, 1000

Thats it. its very much the same always. In HID there is not mixing and matching. One bulb only works in one ballest so if your balest is rated for a 50 you cant put a 30 or a 70 in there. It is dangerous.

MH comes in these wattages

50, 150, 175, 250, 400, 1000

Thats it

Hope this helps.

Any other types of HID lighting is not acceptable.

As for what it looks like it looks like an oversized regular lightbulb only elongated with a big metal box that comes with it which powers it.

If your looking fora HID on the cheap you can go to lowes and get a 150 watt light for about 80 bucks it will work for you good.it will not grow as many plants as you have growing though it will only grow about 4 ok plants or 2 really good plants.

Im running 2 70 watt lamps and it seems to be budding up pretty darn good. I have 2 plants left after killing a male and a hermie

Hope this helps

Grow on! :)

3. You forgot to mention the all purpose 600W.[​IMG]

4. yeah man... dont grow with halogen ... use flouro's ... the ones u have are good .. but not enough for that amount of plants .... i suggest around 60W minimum for each plant ... i have about 250W of flouro for my three plants ... and that will put then through flowering ... they are doing very well so far...

5. Could I use an hps light along w/ the flouros?Or just get some more flouros? THANKS

6. both... but if you want something to smoke on, invest on an HPS.

7. If you cant afford a HPS then dont waste your time effort or money growing. HPS is the most important factor of success. you want shitty little airy whips that somewhat resemble a bud with smoke quality of schwag then yeah cut corners. if you want some quality premium buds then hell yeah go with a 400 watt HPS its the only REAL way of growing the monster buds that will kick your brain and have a hay day with a body buzz!

Its the truth. You will learn from your grow which is good.

8. if you wanna see HID lights then go here.... www.insidesun.com .....Peace out....Sid

9. can u get a 400 watt hps from like lowes or home depot?

10. Nope not from homedepot or any hardware store the demand for them just isnt there.

You can however order one of the internet or you can go to an electrical supply store and get one.

11. I buy all of my supplies through local green houses. They use the same lights as we do so even if they do not sell them, they should be able to being them in. I just bought 2 1000watt units with HPS bulbs for $340.00 canadian. Thats only $170.00 per unit. 400 watt should be fine for what you are doing and alot cheaper. Look for used 400 watt units. The halogen is a very bad idea. Way too much heat, wrong spectrum, and very expensive to run. More than $10.00 per month. I have a formula for figuring out the cost of running lights that I will post. I would say, not knowing what your price/kw is that you would be paying more than $20.00 per month. Save up for an HPS and good luck. P.S. still looks pretty good considering the lights your using.

12. i heard that you ca use blacklight lamps instead of others and it works just as good is that true?

13. I have heard this before as well, but the light would be in the wrong spectrum all together. Can't see it working.

14. it will not work.......Peace out....Sid

15. Look at the difference in my plants in this thread compared to my new one (pot size 12/12!:)

16. Hey I have a 300 wat light that putts out 6200 lumens ....how far should i keep it away from a starting plant and how many can runn off it effectivly?

17. what type of 300w light, it has to be HPS, Mh or the old dreaded mercury vapor......i have a feeling that it is neither if it gives off only 6000 lumens......??....if it not of the above then it will not work for growing, fluros also work but the best investment is HPS......read the guide below my sig, it will help you out......Peace out.....Sid

18. You might want to loose the tin foil look and go for painting the walls bright white then look how bright the room look! The also you might get a small fan to blow lightly on the plants it helps give them strength.

Good Luck!

HPS for me please!