my setup (help please!)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by neo990, Mar 15, 2006.

1. due to stealth reasons, my grow will have to be in my attic, for this reason i will need good temp control as well as smell.

my plan is to have a bubble tub with a screen above it where the plant will grow sideways in the narrow space. the plants will be supplied with light from above.
    in order to take care of temp/smell problems, i am going to seal the sides (bases of the prism) with garbage bags. thenn, i will have a pump bring in fresh, cool air from inside my house, into the grow area. at the same time, i will have an exhaust fan sucking the warmer, smelly air out ofthe grow area and outside from my roof. here, i havent decided whether i should use a carbon filter. should i ?

u guys think this will work?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/adam100/adam1000.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. your plan should work, but to grow it side ways your going to need to get it to grow at an angle, your best bet i would think would be to fim it.
    by doing that it also increases the yeld of the plant. as for the temprature its going to be hot up there because of insolation and the sole fact that heat rises, your going to want to get a good amount of cool air into your compartment. i personaly would place it by a vent that way you can vent and also intake from it. depending what time of year your doing this and your location you may want to use a dehumidifier also, but however you dont want to get it too dry! ....thats about all the input i have for now.
    good luck!!

3. i see. well i was thinking more of something along the lines of sog, but i will consider fim too. unfortunately, i dont think there are any vents up there to place it by. if i was hazy about the air intake/exhaust system, i plan to have air sucked from inside the house (it will be the right temp) into the grow space. and then have air sucked from the grow space outdoors via roof. also, i think it would help to insulate the area with something as i have the extra space for it.

as for the humidity issue, what is a good humidity for the plants to be in? on the other hand, i wouldnt expect this to be an issue as i live in texas and summer is approaching.

4. Neo, as I mentioned to you in reply to a different post, I think you are going to have extreme heat issues there in Texas in the summer (if not already).

5. your right. but my theory is that if i insulate and seal the grow space, and pump cool indoor air into the space while pumping hot air frmo the top of the grow space out, this should take care of it? correct me if im wrong, im new to this.

6. i would use your ac from indoors and force it into the chamber, it shouldnt get too cold, but i would watch it. also make shure you have good size vents.

7. Only trying it will you know. It could be very hard to get a good solid flow of cooled air up to that space while the ambient temperature in the attic in the coming months easily will be 100* and more during the day. Like trying to put out a bonfire with an eye dropper. I am only speaking in generalities, though, so maybe with the right combination of airflow, insulation, and venting it could work.