My Setup - advice plz...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by themax90, May 9, 2009.

1. So... I got seeds. Actually don't know the strain cause we had like twenty from different bags over the year and only two germinated, both are different. One is leafgreen and grows fast and the other is like dark green-brownish and grows slow.

I used half gallon containers that I sterilized, put rocks in the bottom with normal soil, then did a 85%, 15% mix of Top Soil(brand), with Manure. Packed it down so it was a little more like soil but not hard to get through, you know the medium. So after they were big enough to get the root in and have a leaf on top I transplanted into the containers. Now these containers are cut 5" up, have wooden sticks and rubber bands around it to maintain support, and have 10 holes poked, pinhead size, in the lines of geometry and it drains well. Both plants receive 12hrs natural light or more, in direct sunlight, but after a point in the day the light shifts beyond the only hidden section we have. I bring it into a backroom that is painted white. And then keep the "lights" on it for another 6-7 hours. (Now pardon me I don't have lights, I know it probably is enough and it is laughable, but I have conveniently placed old crap which may do just enough for some okay homegrown :) )

Lights are 2x 13w Cool White 1' Fluorescent tubes, placed directly above, 3 feet away(its built in, I can't move it) and a 13w/14w Fluorescent Bulb Lamp (bulb for plant growth) within 2". I also have a fan that oscillates straight at the two plants from 1', and the wind strength isn't above 10mph on high. The fan runs on High for the last part of the light cycle, and Low when I shut all the lights off. The night cycle is 6hrs.

Temp and Humidity is always 70-75F and 60-75%. I water 3 hours into the light cycle, and 10 hours in, respectively, with boiled then filtered water.\

Note on the Top Soil : Says fertilized for 30 days. Is this true?

Is this a good start? I just kinda germinated without equipment but my parents garden a lot [and I'm their connection] and they have the stuff laying around like soil and planters. I figure I will move to planters at 3 weeks, and when it's big enough the 5 gallon one. I hope the plants don't get a bad start cause I used the sterilized milk containers, but at the time I was helping my elderly grandmother and she drinks a lot milk but has no gardening equipment.

Advice appreciated, flamers depreciated, constructive criticism always welcome.

~Max

2. Um....bump.

3. Please, can an expert atleast tell me if this is effective