my set up after 2 days

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by exileinoblivion, Mar 30, 2006.

1. it might b to hot in that box, fans running? try running 1 of ur 2 lights. its definitly somethin with heat/water.

2. hey thanks.. yeah thats kinda what i thought... the HOTTEST it ever gets is like 86... and thats if its really hot outside... like tonight the box was at 74 when i got home... i will add a glass of water in the box and water all the plants tonight... the one still looks wilted... im hoping i can save it!!! it was the best one...

3. ok well today i upgraded quite a bit... the plants where doing well so today i built a wooden box 24" wide 24" deep and 36" tall. I painted the inside white and bought a 70watt HPS security light at home depot for 45.00$ and took it apart and put the bulb in a shop light fixture and the ballast is just sitting on top of the thing on a ceramic plate so it cant burn until I figure out a safer way... any ideas? so right now the plants are in a 2x2 aarea with a 70watt HPS and a 45watt CFL... anyway... the plants had been covered in saran wrap until now and i think that its time for them to go back under it... what do you guys think so far? and my total cost for the whole thing has probably been about 150... and thats including the first plastic box idea whihc didnt really work out... oh and what do you guys think i could do to make it more stealth? i was thinking of getting a bigg board and varnishing it and leaning and hooking it onto the front to cover up the door and muffle the fan...

id love all the help i can get!

Attached Files:

4. and more... also should i cut off the two dead leaves on the smaller plant? or is it still young enough to be gaining from the little potosynthesis that does take plkace in that leaf? thanks

Attached Files:

5. Yo man,
    good move replanting out of those horrible peat pots. What do you mean put saran wrap over them?! Saran wrap should be permanently removed the second the thing first breaks through the soil. Your light set-up makes me nervous. Is that a ballast that is specifically meant for a 70 watt HPS? Anyway, looks better man. Cut the leaves off only if you wish then don't do any pruning for a while if at all.

6. the ballast is a little worrysome... what i did was buy a outdoor security grade 70watt HPS light and instead of leaving it the cheap tin case it was in, i bought a 10" reflector with a ceramic socket rated to like 3kva and ran the wiring to that instead with a heavy duty lamp cord. The only thing that makes me nervous is having it all sitting out in the open... it was enclosed, or at least shielded in the cheap tin housing... i will take pictures when i get back from my munchies run... McDank here i come

7. Oh I had put the saran wrap over them when they where in the plastic container to hold in some humidity... i put it on for like 20 minutes in the big container to take a picture and see if it would do much good but it wouldnt stick on the big plastic pots like it did on the peat ones. Also i have little yellow spots on the leaves of my big plant?!?! I pulled the lights up higher incase this was caused by a burn... and am going to home depot today to buy some more soil and maybe 2 bigger pots now that i have this new box with so much more space... what do you all think?

thanks
    exile

Attached Files:

8. oh and i forgot to say that the top one is after i closed the box with the fan blowing at the wall and an updraft messed up the leaves... they look getter now though...

Attached Files:

9. hey guys!

i bought BIGGER pots today... im taking advantage of the extra room and really am trying to add moisture back into the air. i really need help on those spots on the leaves!! I also bought more soil, vermiculilte to add to the soil, and a cheap ph/moisture reader... the guy who works at the store knows im growing and is helping em out (hes got 6 that he just put out side and they are looking good) and said that the meter may not look nice or be convinient but he said it works well enough for what i need at it wass only 13$

10. What type of soil have you been using and what type of soil did you just buy?

11. i have been using an organic soil called hyponex... its a md brand i get at a local hardware store... i had been having a problem with it drying and "fluffy"... ill posdt pics after my munchies run

12. hey guys i really really need some help... the leaves are getting yellow spoots on them... the temp is 89 and humidity is like 10%... i havnt watered in 2 days and the ph is 7. I have one 70watt hps, and 2 42 watt cool cfls on the plants (have 2 in seperate 1.5 gallon pots i think thats what they are..) anyone have any ideas? i read a really helpful article and was thinking spider mites but i have no idea how i could have gotten them... any ideas? i looked under the leaves and on top as close as i could and didnt see anything on them... let me finish charging my camera and ill post pictures

13. well yellow blotches usually means heat probs...wen watering, make sure u water b4 the 6hr of dark period if u do 18/6...b/c if water is on the leaves of a plant the light mite b amplified thro the water causing burns

14. Have you fertilized the plant with spots on it yet? 89 degrees is getting a bit too hot.

15. well a whole lot has happened in the last day... my grow is over and my quick conceal had to be done when 3 COPS came for a visit... my roomates x has been a phsyco bitch the last couple days and this morning shit hit the fan when her boss called the cops for her harrasment and she decided to see if she could fuck up her x's by getting him busted by the cops for smoking... well that sorta brings innocent old me into the picture, i am very cool with his x and goood friends (WHERE GOOD FRIENDS) and i have smoked with her mnany many many times and exchanged bud on many ocasions as we eache get from different people and always liek something new...

anyways to what happened... i got off work and flew home, flushed my plants and got all roots out, then threw to fake plants in the pots and put them on the patio, unscrewed the hinges from my grow box and took off the door so anyone could see in and put my 10 gallon lizard aquarium in there, with lizard and turned it all off except for the fan and set my breeding anoles book on top,,, i put all my para in my hiding spot and shut and locked my door. about an hour later 2 cops came over and said they had the report and had a warrant/ so we politley let them in and i refused them to search my room hoping they couldn use theyr warrant because it was my room and locked, so 2 more cops ended up coming, they got into my room did a quick look around, and my roomate had been talking to the other 2 about the situation and they found out that the report had been filed earlier on his x that night and they ended up appologizing to me not questioning me further for the papers they did find that i hadnt got out of my drawer,,, this was definatly an awarness experience, however i do not plan on giving up... im leaving for a week to let stuff between my roomie and his x cool down, and plan on restarting, however this time with noone else knowing AND a suggestion for use from a doctor... i get that this week!!!

what do you guys think about this?1!??!?!?!?!

ohhh and this gives me time to improve my box, im planning on mylaring the whole thing, getting anothr 70watt hps, and mounting bothe permantly on the top so i have more space and just bending 2 tin reflectors, and also cutting out a circle right next to them to help with cooling, im going to mount another large fan on the bottom blowing straight up and getting a bigger exaust fan and mounting the carbon filter INSIDE the box...with this set up im planning on keeping the temps 78-84 max and having a higher humidity with an automister or humidifier of some type, and having 140 watts of hps and 84 watts of cool CFL's... for a total of 224 watts in an area 2x2 or 4 square feet so like 56 watts per square foot... what do you all think of my plan?

16. Plan sounds good.
    Just don't tell the girls that you are growing even if they are cool and smoke with you. Girlfriends come and go and they will have no qualms about ratting you out if they want and then you are screwed.

17. Don't tell ANYONE. Even cool buddies have girlfriends (or themselves go psycho on occasion).

Also, re-consider growing when you have other people in the abode.