My self esteem must be really low if I'm over thinking this much...

Discussion in 'General' started by trunkricehelico, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Sup GC have an interesting story from the other day. Me and my buddy were at the mall, and he needed swim trunks for a pool party we were going to. So we decide to look in hollister. My friend ask the chick who works there if she has a certain size of the trunks hes lookin at. And she ask if we are from here. We say yeah why do you ask. And she says you should work here. He then looks at me and says "my homie john is your guy, look at this stud!" and she says "haha you are both studs!"

So before she can pursue the conversation anymore, he asked if she can find the size for him. so she goes off to find it. My friend tells me "I dont agree with how this place hires people. We happen to have the look they want and thats how the base their employees off of". Although I didnt agree with this either, I felt a little surprised/flattered that I was considered someone with "the look".

Well she comes back and hands my friend the trunks and he pays for them. After he finished paying she brought up the conversation again saying "So you guys are from here right?" and proceeds to get our information and gives us hers and says if we are looking for a job to call anytime we are interested.

Although the way they hire people is stupid. I really need another job to make some extra cash. So I kind of am considering following up with it. But then I got to thinking. I dont remember how the situation went down exactly, but I feel like she was mainly pursuing my friend. I kind of feel like the only reason she also got my info was to not be rude.

Now Im starting to wonder if I should even follow up. It isnt that I think im repulsive or anything. Im in shape and I have been told im pretty good looking. But I dont really feel like the kind of guy who would have hollister employees asking me to work there if I walked in there all by myself. No homo but I kind of think my friend is a bit more attractive than me.

Soo...I know that its kind of hard to judge this unless you were actually there. But from what ive said am I correct about this and should say fuck even applying? or is my self esteem really that low and im overthinking all this?

2. You will never know if you don't try man! Go for it, the worst they can say is no and you can move on.

Good luck

3. I want to try it..but i feel like my confidence is so damn low at the moment that im afraid to pursue it...cuz well...yeah.

4. confidence, its all in your head. go for it.

5. u are what u think
    u think ur not it then u wont be
    u think ur it an u will be
    come on right nows a good time to be cocky
    fuck it if I got offered a job right now I'd
    do just about anything! loool I'm broke as fuck
    just be happy she gave u the offer an go for it
    whats the worst that could happen? u either
    get the job or go back to how things are
    no biggy right? DO IT!

6. Go for it, what is the worst that can happen? They don't hire you? And as far as self esteem goes, you can easily do the job you could be alot more qualified than some of the other people working there. Just be confident and hold your head up high brother good luck make some money

7. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

You need money, they offer you a job. Rocket science isn't included...

8. She wants the d. Get the job and get it in.

9. I do think your over thinking it..at the end of the day who cares it's a job..

10. Go for it man, doesn't seem like she was strictly talking to your friend. Worst possible case you don't get the job, and who cares if you have the"hollister look", in HS we called those kids douchebags. (no offense lol)

11. I worked at hollister when I was 18.

You'd be a damned fool if you bit into the offer. You get a pay of 7.25 MAXIMUM, no matter how long you work there. If you're a floor model, that is.

Be prepared to work maybe 10 hours a week. Each tiny store has probably 50-60 models in the roster, to "keep diversity in check"

Be prepared to help mindless, fake girls find mindless, fake clothes all day. Be prepared to fold shit mindlessly as well all day.

The atmosphere is snobby, rude, and uncaring. The managers are fake dicks. I quit because of the lack of hours and the overpowering scent of perfume, not to mention the unability to see anything due to the 10watt lights in there.

12. A cute young lady called you studs.

And the two of you couldn't think of anything except the job? Didn't even make a hilarious failed attempt to flirt? :confused:

13. over thinking it bro,

If u really need a job u can do this, and hopefully get some discounts on the clothes, and get to kno that cute girl. Simple. Especially that ur boy doesn't wanna do it, so u could try to.

I personally wouldn't do it cause of the job, and all. But seeing how money is on ur mind, and if i was in the same situation, matter of fact i would. and demand discounts

well not demand, but ask

14. honestly............

15. Bro id be less worried about the job and more worried about getting your peep wet with the hollister bish

16. I wouldn't exactly be flattered if I was told that I had the same generic look as a bunch of frat boys, but hell yes I'd take the job. Probably doesn't pay much though, most mall jobs don't.

17. you make a bit of money, and you meet a lot of females. you can be stoned out of your mind since you wont be operating any machinery, and the cologne they spray will overpower any potential weed scent.

18. dude just go for it. whats the worse that could happen? you dont get the job? sucks. go apply somewhere else.

19. Aye.

The ol adage "Nothin' ventured, nothin' gained." comes to mind, alright...So they had "G's" at the end of theirs, fuck off.:cool: