My seeds have stopped growing HELP?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Rehnew420, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Hey guys im germinating seeds right now waiting for the taproot to get to about 1cm in length to plant but they have stopped growing i started germination 3-4 days ago and there hasnt been alot of change there in a tuberware container wrapped in paper towel but i havent seen very much change at all ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440336244.660611.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440336244.660611.jpg

2. The towel looks pretty wet. You can actually drown a seed. Its hard telling from a pic though. Lightly moist is all you need. Not a big fan of the paper towel method anymore. Do you see a crack anywhere along the shell? It will open up like a clam

3. What method do u use killset?

4. It definitely looks wet as fuuuuuuck. In my experience less is more. If there fresh beans u should see a split and the tap root popping out 48hours-3days tops. What I do is put them in distilled water with recharge, for 2 4hours then go to the paper towel. But should be warm and dark.

5. they have all cracked slightly one has a tail but it hasnt gotten any bigger and the other one is sowing a small tail and its cracked and the 3rd one is slightly cracked i put them back in water cause thats what they where in when they all cracked

6. take them out of the water and plant them if they're cracked. Learn some patience. Seeds will drown. 48 hours or so and its time to move them.

7. i put them in cotton pads to see how those do for germinating

8. Not sure why you wouldn't just plant the damn thing. But hey man maybe you'll come up with the next new best thing in germination. Good luck bro

9. i would but im waiting for the roots to get noticeably longer to plant it and thanks ill need any help/luck i can get lol

10. id go ahead and put them in the dirt if ther cracked as i find some seeds wont get much of a taproot while in paper towel and tend to die off if not planted when they show slow signs of germing imo

11. Why wait longer? If they cracked and are good just plant them. Don't see the sense in risking shit just because you want a longer root.... ???

12. i went ahead and planted this morning