my seeds are starting to sprout!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Abra_Kadabra, Mar 8, 2010.

1. so, right now i have 4 seeds that have sprouted, and i need to know the next step!

i have time today to get some soil, and i have red and blue party cups to put them in to start. how long should i wait to plant the sprouts?

or how long should the root be?

also. whats the best soil to use!

2. I put them in the soil as soon as they start to pop open. Some people wait until the taproot is 1/4" long, but I have butterfingers and I think I would damage the taproot if I tried to wait that long.

FoxFarms soil is good. I think they recommend Happy Frog for seedlings and Ocean Forest for older plants, but I'm too poor to keep two different kinds of soil on hand, so I go straight into Ocean Forest from germination and I've had good success.

If you can't get FoxFarms locally, then I'm not sure what to use. Someone else should chime in on that because FoxFarms is all I've used.

3. im headed over to the hydroponic store right now, the place is located right next to where i work, and the owner is a CRAZY old school toker. im shure he can fill me in on some cheap solutions. since all i have is $30 to my name untill friday. so i needa hold over untill then. (i got excited with my seeds....good thing i didnt order them)