My seedlings so far...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Wooody, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Hi everyone,

Well I planted my 10 seeds (NL x Shiva) on Wednesday (23rd) and thought I'd let you all know how it's going so far...

A few of them had developed a longer tap root than others, but they were all def ready to be planted. I had to go away from Wed to Sun, so I made sure they were nicely watered, streched cling film over the tops of the pots and left them in the corner of the room, but not under any lights.

So I got back yesterday to find that only 5 of them have sprouted. I gave them a drink (the soil was still slightly moist) and turned on the floros. They are under floros 18/6, and I give them a burst of 250 watt HPS for a couple of hours a day too, but not too much that they stretch too much. Within less than a day they have grown at least an inch. :)

So why have only half sprouted? Might the others still be ok? Those that have sprouted are all between 2 and 3 inches tall at the moment. I have 3 20/100watt floros on at the moment, and a couple of 100 watt halogens I had lying around, won't help a great deal but thought I might as well use em.

How tall should they grow before they start developing more shoots?

Cheers

2. HIGH All, some might still come up....just have to wait and no digging to see how it is.

Just use the Floros..not the Halagens way too hot for your tender youngins. How HIGH do you have the floro's over them 2" or 3" is about best.

You should see side shoots around 2 weeks and then it's All up from there.

3. Yep they are 2 - 3 inches above the plants. The halos are plenty far enough away, put my hand under just above the seedlings for 20 seconds under the lights and it wasn't too warm at all. The HPS is 16 inches above them too. Should be fine right? It was nearer but when I poked my finger in the soil to test the moisture level the soiil was pretty warm, so I thought it best to move it away a bit.

4. HIGH All, perfect height...the Halogen isn't worth it, you're sucking up Hydro you could be putting to better use..Plants need more blues and reds in their spectrum. Halogens do not provide enough of these colors.

5. Just measured them, the 2 tallest are 3.5 and 4 inches tall, and still only have the very top leaves, are they starting to stretch already? I have been giving them a couple hours a day under the hps, could even this little make them stretch?