My seedling's leaves are growing funny?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 2-Apes223, Aug 2, 2017.

1. I have a 4 plant 400 watt garden and all my other girls are growing fine but this one is growing funny shaped leaves...anyone know why?

thanks in advance 20170802_074711.jpg 20170802_074659.jpg

2. It will grow out of it nothing to worry about looks fine, is worry about the soil, looks like you need some aeration, perlite, etc.

3. thank you i thought it was something i did

4. yeah the plant looks relatively normal, but the color isn't good. Gotta get some aeration like the above person said. Perlite, peat moss, lava rocks, something to let the roots breath, otherwise the roots are just choking.

5. What medium are you using? It looks like coco.

6. yes i am growing in coco coir

7. What is your feeding schedule? Are those autos?

8. right now im feeding at 200ppm every 2-3 days and im flushing every 2 weeks and my girls are fems

9. Your plants look hungry - personally I would up the nutes. Why are you flushing? I hope you're not just using water. How old are the plants? Are you feeding to run off?

10. they are 22 days from sprout and i flush between 50 and 100 ppm

11. is that bad?

12. Why are you flushing?

13. I was told that when growing i coco coir that you should flush often to avoid salt build up ...this is my first grow

14. That's absolutely false. Coco should be fed to run off every time - this refreshes the nutes, pulls in fresh oxygen to the roots, and prevents salt build up. Your growth would be a lot faster if you start in smaller containers and add perlite to the mix. I use a 50/50 coco/perlite mix for my 1ltr propagation pot and a 70/30 coco/perlite mix in the final 9ltr pot. The added perlite allows you to feed every day without fear of over watering. PM me if you want to discuss it further. Attached are 21 day old plants - fed 1/4 strength nutes to run off every day.

Attached Files: