my seedling leaves look like their curling.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Isjayybish, May 7, 2017.

1. #1 Isjayybish, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. Cut the cup down to a half inch above where the soil is. That will solve your issue :)

3. It looks fine to me... maybe a bit lanky. what kind of light are you using? If it's a floro of some sort it should be right down on it... within 3".

I think cutting the cup down would be a good idea but not because of the leaves... it will allow you to get a light fan breeze on it to help strengthen the stem. it can't get a breeze in the bottom of the cup.
    I don't know why a lot of folks only want to fill those part-way with soil... fill 'em on up next time.

4. Well actually I'm using under 50 watts atm 33 to be exact one is 13 watt led other is 20watt cfl. To keep in mind inv been letting them get atleast 2-3 hours of direct sunlight per day because after seedlings I'm moving them outdoors. And I also will try cutting the cup down to the soil. And the lights are pretty close to the cups about 4-5" away

5. all sounds good. just leave about an inch of cup above the soil so it won't make a mess when watering.
    when you transplant it outside just bury the stem up deeper.
    those starter leaves will eventually die and fall off... don't worry about those. the plant did not actually grow those, they are part of the seed. the plant is growing the serrated looking ones... those are the ones to watch.
    *edit: and i would get the floro closer... within 3". I don't know about led distance.

6. So I started a plant inside and then took it out before may, about a week before the first day. My plant started to flower and I was wondering the problems that can happen if it reverts back to veg then to flower once again.

Any suggestions
    Thanks

7. hmmm. i don't know a lot about that but i do know people will re-veg 'em after harvest and flower it again.
    i think it will be fine but take a lot longer... again, i think. i don't really know.

8. Here is an example of a plant that has been re-vegged after harvest and re-flowered.
    It is not mine.
    re-vegged-plant-1.jpg re-vegged-plant-2.jpg

9. Would you know if I should feed it vegetative nutrients or should I switch to flowering nutrients then switch back once the plant does ?
    Anyways thanks for input.

10. Okay thanks a lot for the help :) and I will move the cfl closer to 3" instead

• Like Like x 1
  11. I could be telling you wrong but i would feed it veg nutes if it is reverting back to veg. then, yes, switch back when it flowers.
    maybe someone else will chime in on it.