My second try. Blue Dream Humboldt seeds

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Stewart169, Jul 17, 2016.

1. #1 Stewart169, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    My first grow of two plants were males. So chop chop and start over with different seeds.
    2X2.5X7 foot gorilla tent. Mars Hydro II Cree LED.
    Organic soil following the recipe listed in the Easy organic soil thread. Its been cooking since March.
    I know most people don't look at journals and that's cool. This is for me to track progress as much as anything.
    Seeds are
    [​IMG]
    Sprout
    [​IMG]
    3 weeks
    [​IMG]
    28 days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. #2 HappyFarmer, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    I'll follow along. Looking good man !! You are gonna like this girl lol

My first ever "real" grow I had a HSO BD. Got it as a freebie from the 'tude when HSO came on the scene.

I loved it !! Was my biggest yielder at almost 6 ozs and all dank. I highly recommend doing some lst on her once she get going. This lady loves it :)

I topped her once then started pulling her out.

Hope ya don't mind me sharing some pics of her. This is what she can do.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Happy Farms

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nice! I already have a scrog made. You got 6 oz from one plant?

4. Yes sir :)

Now granted I was in a 5x5 with a few other plants and a 1k hood lol

Happy Farms

5. She is starting to take off some. I did a FIM 2 days ago. In two days she has grown 2" from tip to tip on both major sets of fans and up about 1". At this rate the scrog will have to go on in a week. I have not done any LST yet. I figure the SCROG will take care of that.
    Day 30
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. Looking good in here! I want to try BD. It's looking awesome for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  7. I will get another pic up later. This morning its 12" across tips. Man this thing is getting wide quick. Not growing as fast vertically yet. When I get home from work I will post a couple. I had no idea this was capable of growing this fast. My first grow of Northern lights took over 6 weeks to get even close to this.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Since this is only my second grow Im kind of shitting my pants how quick this is growing now. Im sure it will slow down but I think the organic soil is paying off. As of 2 AM its now 13" tip to tip.
    Im now just along for the ride I think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Beautiful structure and praying like crazy. This the second run with the organic soil? Its primed and it shows! Id take advantage of the fast growth and go ahead and lean her over. Let the bottom branches catch up before they hit the scrog and really get a spread. Better spread, more tops!

10. #10 Stewart169, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Just got home and opened the tent a hour ago. For the record she is now 14" across the bigger fans. Plus taller. Top is split like it should be I think after a FIM from my first grow and what I read and see here and elsewhere.
    Had a bit of droop or its my imagination and I did about 1 1/2 quart of water that's been sitting mixed with RO before putting it on. Last water was 4 days ago.

I trimmed off a very very small amount of the lowest small leaves that had no light and no chance of light.
    When I transplanted from solo cup I treated with a good soak including Azamax and gnatrol. Tonight when checking soil and picking up the specks of leaf trim I saw at least two small gnats in the soil. I think next water in a few days I will do another round of Azamax. I put out a yellow sticky trap as well.

I almost started to LST the main over but may wait a day ago. I suppose I wonder if doing it early on my first grow made my non fem seeds go male. But Im pretty sure its time tomorrow to start it. I am sitting about 8 feet away from the closet with the front unzipped and can smell it now.

Im tired from work which is a good feeling kind of. Add a few Coronas. Plus weed from xyz. Its what I don't like about not controlling my source in a non friendly state and am committed to building a pantry of supplies that I can pick and choose.

happyfarmer Id like to see more about your light. Im trying to figure out if I have enough light or not. I think I do but if I need to add a couple COBs I will.

• Like Like x 2
  11. She looks so healthy to me at the moment. I started a slight bit of LST and super cropped the branch going in the opposite direction from the direction Im pulling with LST. I don't think Im going to prune anymore lower stuff at this point until the scrog is on and she is spreading. Just want to let her grow and bush out.
    Tip to tip she is over 14" and its 5 weeks today from sprout. I hope that if anyone who reads this can tell me if this is about normal for the growth timeline.
    My SCROG is built to be 7" above the bucket which is about normal from what I can tell. From all the info I can gather there is no rush to put on the SCROG until she is about 10" tall. At this rate that should be in a week or so I think.
    No sign of any gnats after seeing larvae in the top last watering but Im going to be preemptive again with a little Azamax next water which also will include a light top dress of ground Malted Barley with a little Fulvic, Protekt and Aloe. I watered yesterday, Friday, which means I wont need to until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest. And words of wisdom? And she smells oh so good.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Looking fantastic !!

What ya wanna know about my light ?

What are you currently using and how big is your space ?

Happy Farms

13. I'm in a 2'X2 1/2' 7' gorilla tent.
    My light is a recently bought MarsHydro pro II Cree 128. The one without the remote. It's supposed to be for a 2x3' coverage.
    On a side note I'm curious about the whole lighting thing and ordered a Apogee PAR meter. I figure after I'm done with it I can throw it up on eBay.

• Like Like x 2
  14. You should be good to go. The xpe chips by Cree are top notch. Says on the website you should be pulling around 335 watts with it in flower mode. Plenty for your 2x2 space imo.

I am curious to see your par readings !! Keep us posted !!

Happy Farms

• Like Like x 1
  15. Well the widest fans are 16" now but still not much vertical movement. I suppose patience is a virtue. Considering I have had very little patience growing has taught me some, my bad. . As a kid growing up I grew up on the last 40 acres of the family farm. We grew corn, green beans, peppers, melons and so on in the garden and I didn't see time the same way as a kid. I can remember an acre devoted to sweet corn just for the freezer. My arms used to hurt from planting hoeing picking and shucking. Since I live in the burbs in a way now I have gotten used to the " I want it now" mentality.
    I would love to go back to it for about a day. God roto tillers will make a kids arms bigger than masturbating. Or so I tell myself.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Doing well it seems.
    Today its day 37 from sprout. 17" across. I pulled off the LST pipe cleaner since I figure its going scrog in the near future. But not to be rushed. I read that typical veg for this is 60 days more or less and if this rate keeps up in 3 weeks it will be well into the scrog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And growing UP but not at the same rate.
    [​IMG]
    Overall Id say she is doing OK. Tomorrow night we water.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. Day 42
    I did a water today with fulvic acid, Protekt, and aloe. Top dressed with a few spoonful's of fresh ground malted barely.
    She is filling out and I did go ahead as start with some LST again. I will veg until day 60ish and then pull off the LST and put the SCROG up and flip it. If she gets tall enough to scrog before the 60 days are up I will start that. My target date for flip will still be 60 days +-.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Today is day 49.
    Last couple days I did trim some small stuff off that's not getting any light and the big fans on each side were not getting much light either anymore. Did a FIM last week on 2 other top spots on branches. I also had to raise the light a little since I was seeing some tip yellowing.
    I have a new light on the way. Timber Grow Lights. I have the frame laid out and when the light kit arrives in a few days will finish it up and get it hung.
    She is filling out more than gaining height for the moment it seems. I will flip to flower on day 60. Its almost tall enough for the scrog to go on but want to wait until I get the new light in the tent since I will probably take her out of the tent while I switch lights.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. She is really getting her legs under her !!

She looks fantastic man !!

You are gonna love those COBs. Next month I am gonna order a kit from them too add to my current build. 8 cobs running about 400 watts at the wall.

Stoked for you man. Good stuff happening over here.

I added my Mars 300 to my frame to finish this grow.

Hope you don't mind me dropping a pic.

Day 35 of 12/12 under 216 watts of them in my 4x3. Blown away. Can't wait to double it this fall :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy Farms

• Like Like x 3
  20. I wish I had more room but living in the burbs this is as big as it's going to get and feel safe from nosey neighbors. We don't have a lot of other folks in the house and I can close the closet door. I put a locking handle on it just in case.