My Second LST/CFL Grow (Midnight Kush & 8 Miles High)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tangyneptune, Dec 23, 2011.

1. #1 tangyneptune, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    Hey everyone, going to try and keep this updated as much as possible, as long as there's someone interested :p. This is my 2nd grow and my first time growing dank so I'm excited. I've looked around and I haven't found many grow entries on these two strains so I'm looking forward to see how mine turn out. Anyway here goes..

[​IMG]

G13 Labs Midnight Kush
    (Blueberry x Hashplant -- Fem. indica dominant)

Mandala 8 Miles High
    (Reg. Sativa)

Grow Setting: Rather small cabinet (35"x25x12"), which is probably the main reason I'm using LST.

Grow Medium: Miracle Grow Organic Choice with mixed in Perlite. Might switch when I transplant cause it's doing a crappy job of holding in moisture.

Lights: Two 26w CFL and 1 42w for veg. and soft whites for flower.

Nutes: Fox Farm Big Bloom for flower. Any recommendations for veg?

I germinated the seeds in the dirt on the 9th and they popped out of the soil on the 14th. I'm afraid they stretched a little too much that first day, leading them to lean pretty severely(which I don't think is too bad considering I'll be LSTing and I really don't want them too tall) so I've had a fan on them to strengthen up the stem. My plan is to LST around the pot and then switch to flower. I don't think I'll top (sorta afraid to try :D).

is it a terrible idea to switch to Ocean Forest when I transplant? The medium I have right now doesn't have anything mixed in really so worm castings and stuff like that could really help considering I don't have any nutes planned for vegging and the soil I'm using now is really bad about holding moisture. Like the morning after a water, the top is fairly dry.

Anyway, here's some shots of the girls :) on day 10. 8 Miles has totally stopped leaning and Midnight is almost there. Like I said before I really don't want them to get too tall so I guess leaning is a good thing... lol.

Midnight Kush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 Miles:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think they're pertty :D.

I'm totally open to any critique or advice. Remember it's only my 2nd grow, I'm still a noob for the most part.

take it easy and happy holidays.

2. Day 15

8 Miles High is looking great
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but Midnight isn't doing so well, the cotyledons and initial fan leaves are yellowing slightly. dunno what's up, any ideas?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Day 34

Transplanted into tupperware containers and Ocean Forest about 5 days ago. Tied them down as well.

[​IMG]

Today was the first feeding(kinda late). I used 1/4 tsp of Grow Big and another 1/4 tsp of Big Bloom Fox Farm products.

Midnight Kush
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 Miles High
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:smoke:

4. #4 tangyneptune, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
    Day 42

think I'll update every water or feed, which is like once a week. Anyway, girls are doing swell. take a look

Midnight is on the left and 8 miles on the right
    [​IMG]

8 Miles high
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 Mile's side branches (colas)
    [​IMG]

Midnight Kush
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Midnight's side branches are just starting
    [​IMG]

5. The plants are looking good dude. I am also doing an LST grow with Cfls on some Ak 47, but im scared to post a journal haha. I will be watching this grow.

6. #6 tangyneptune, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
    cool, thanks man. I was scared too the first go round but now that I kinda have some idea of what I'm doing I really don't see the harm. I use the thread to keep track of where I'm at and hopefully to get some tips on stuff I might be doing wrong. it doesn't get much traffic though :p. Us cabinet growers need some love too!! lol

good luck with your grow, bud

7. Im looking forward to seeing that midnight kush, how many days have you been vegging for?:smoking:

8. I'm on Day 53, they're a little small for their age but I think that's because I started feeding a little late

Day 53

Just fed 1/2 tsp big grow and 1/2 tsp of big bloom. last week was a 1/4 tsp. planning on moving up a quarter tsp every week. is that too slow?

anyway, here's how they're lookin'

[​IMG]

Midnight Kush
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 miles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also, I installed a 6 inch exhaust earlier this week and it's fixed all my heat issues. Keeps the temp at about 78-83f throughout the day and it's not loud at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

til next time guys :smoke:

9. With nute feedings you really just have to watch your plants after every feeding. If there isnt any nute burn after the 1/2 strength, then going up 1/4 tsp evry feeding is fine, just watch your ph.

10. Day 63

just fed tsp of Grow big and 3/4 tsp of Big Bloom and they're doing pretty well, no burn or anything.

[​IMG]

Midnight untied
    [​IMG]

Midnight tied down
    [​IMG]

8 miles untied
    [​IMG]

8 miles tied down
    [​IMG]

have a good one guys :smoke:

11. Cool, they're looking great. how exactly did you train them in LST? Did you tie the branches down, or the main stem? Keep it up :)

12. I tie the main stem down and the branches. I probably need to trim some of the branches now that I think of it.

13. Flower: Day 4

been a while since the last update. finally got them out of veg a couple days ago and they've been doing pretty well. just gave them their first feed of flower(about 2 tablespoons of Big Bloom) and tied down.

[​IMG]

midnight kush
    [​IMG]

8 miles high
    [​IMG]

14. Flower: Day 11

sex showed a couple days ago, both girls :D (it's gonna be cramped). Anyway, they're looking healthy and that's all I can ask for. here's some pics

[​IMG]

Midnight Kush
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 Miles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Flower Day 19

They're both doin' fine. 8 miles is flowering a little slower atm but I'm sure she'll catch up

[​IMG]

Midnight Kush
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 Miles High
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. nice grow man!

17. Yea its lookin good so far keep it up

18. How big are your Tupperware things? Started my first grow in an very similar space conditions and was bothered about space, until I saw your setup. I intend on doing something very similar to that.

Other thing, what is the grey thing on the far left corner of the pics?

It would be good if you could post a more wide pics so I get a bet look at your setup.

by the way, the look gorgeous

19. the containers are about 11"x8"x6". That's a fan over there on the left and I'll try and get an overview shot for you sometime soon.

been a while, but here's some shots I took about a week ago. harvest should be in about 10 days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Looking good mate. Would love to see more of the cabinet setup. Im about to start my first grow in a cabinet (17x17x24). Have you had any dramas with the plants being so close to your soil?