My second grow - Northern Lights (nirvana)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by greeny909, Jul 25, 2007.

1. I've been sampling quite a few buds lately, this is a couple of pictures of a small bud that I removed tonight.

:smoke::wave:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I am very much looking foward to seeing your finished product! Your first grow was awesome, and it gives me confidence doing my first indoor grow soon. I am going to try to do only CFL's in a similar setup like yours. I wonder if having the combination of CFL and HPS is a factor in your great success..good luck!

3. Nice plants, don't smoke it all before harvest lol, is that a 150hps? peace

4. damn man those plants are looking fantastic. about how much was it for the HPS light system...if you check out my grow journal im using 8 42-Watt flourescants but really want to add on a HPS for when i start flowering. Just curious for where i can get the cheapest HPS setup

5. Beauty greeny.

6. Thanks a lot ! And good luck with your future grow.

Thanks ! If I didn't harvest just today, I probably wouldv'e ended up smoking most of the buds on the plants, lol. And yeah, the HPS is a 150.

Thanks. The HPS light I have was $100, there's DIY lights that can be had for probably half that price. There's even 400 watt HPS lights for a little more than $100.

Thanks man !

:smoking::wave:

7. DAY 61 - 12/12 - HARVEST DAY -

So, today is the day that the plants got chopped down. I've taken so many buds off of the plants so far (10-11), so I'm satisfied with what I ended up with today. I'm not going to bother to get a scale for this grow either, there's just no use, since so much is already gone, and it would be meaningless to me. I suppose that this marks the end of this second grow.

:smoking::wave:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. you got some dank ass nugs there. Congrats on your successful harvest.

What soil/nutes did you use? Didnt quite catch it if you mentioned it at some point.
    Your plants look so green and healthy like the whole grow

9. Thanks.

I used a few different soils on this grow, mostly due to laziness. I started out with some leftover soil (but unused) from my first grow which was just some local soil bought in a hydrostore, it had earthworm castings and a few other organic ingredients in it, it was a fairly rich soil and pretty good in my opinion. I also re-cycled a small portion of some soil leftover from my first grow. I added perlite in to the mix, and also a dash of dolomite lime.

When I transplanted after switching to 12/12, I added some miracle grow organic choice potting mix, because that's what they had nearby me, and it was cheap, and it seemed to work alright. I added some perlite to that also, and the dolomite lime.

I didn't feed at all for the first three weeks or so, and then I just gave the plants a little miracle grow all purpose plant food a few times, and then I switched to 12/12.

For flowering I used two foxfarm products, big bloom and tiger bloom. I also gave molasses a few times.

:wave:

10. Gud shit. Gr8 Harvest and Pics. +rep

11. lookin nice greeny...i germinated four seeds a few days ago and only 3 made it as well haha...i'll probably just use your grow as reference for veg dates and flowring times cuz i forget to keep up sometimes lol..good luck!!! :smoking:

edit: haha forget what i just said above...somehow i ended up on the first page of your thread and i thought u were beginning a new grow lol...well hopefully you start another one soon!!!!