My second grow - Northern Lights (nirvana)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by greeny909, Jul 25, 2007.

1. How'd that bud you sampled do ya? Looks like it'll be turning out lovely.

2. So that is Northern Lights from Nirvana seeds? Looks fucking great man. Great job. Is Northern Lights a good strain to try on your first grow? Just curious.

3. Lookin frosty! Halloween is right around the corner, keep it up! :D

4. Dam, great grow, keep it up man.

5. The bud certainly wasn't couchlock yet or anything, lol. It did have a decent buzz to it though and the sample got me high for sure, even though harvest time is still a few weeks away. I used the micro-steamer method to quick dry the sample, and it seemed to work alright. Based upon that sample, I already know that I will like what I'm going to end up with. I ocassionally used to buy a few bags of Northern Lights weed some years ago, so I had an idea of what to expect. The question now is, how much will I end up raping from the plants before it's choptime, lol.

:wave:

6. Thanks ! And yes, that's northern lights from nirvana seeds, and yes, northern lights is definitely a good strain for a first grow or a beginner grower. It's mostly indica, it doesn't get crazy tall, it doesn't stink like crazy such as other strains sometimes do, and it supposedly can take a little abuse and it's a decent yielder. Northern Lights is a classic that has been around for ages, and many crosses are based upon northern lights.

7. Thanks ! Yeah, Halloween is right around the corner !

:smoke::wave:

8. Thanks a lot !

:smoke::wave:

9. All i can say is wow those buds look amazing, mines been in flower for the same amount of time but my buds arnt as large since im just under cfls, ive been thinking of ordering some nirvana northernlights but i didnt know if it wouldbe the right kinda plant for me but those buds make it look great!

10. wow man plants look great!!

Can you give me some detailed instructions on how you do your LST method? Those stems on the bottom look so thick and crazy heh im intrerested in trying it out on my plants this year! Your help would be greatly appreciated! thx :D

11. Thanks ! As far as Northern Lights being the right kind of plant for you, it depends what sort of smoke you're looking for, a sativa type or an indica. NL is certainly a good plant for growing indoors or for beginners. There's so many good strains to choose between from various seed sellers, the choices are almost endless.

12. Thanks !

As far as the LST'ing, this is only my second grow, so I'm not sure if I have a method yet, I'm still figuring stuff out. I basically start to tie the plant down after it reaches a certain height, just bending the main stem over and letting it grow horizontally. You can see that in some of the earlier pictures in this journal. After a couple of days, the main stem that was tied down will have started to grow up again and you'll need to tie that new growth down also, and continue in that fashion.

To figure out when to start tying down the plants, you can just bend the main stem every few days to see if it's still bendable and soft, you don't want to start when the stem is too hard of course. Besides that, I just continue to tie down branches that need to be tied down inorder to keep the canopy level. You probably will have to adjust some strings every couple of days when the plant is in it's growth period. Don't be afraid to tie stuff down. Also, I keep a computer fan blowing on the canopy of the plants, this makes the branches and stems a little bit stronger I think. Also, every once in a while, the plants will get a good windstorm from a larger, more powerful fan, again to make the branches and stems thicker and stronger. At the most, I was using about 15-20 strings per plant, now in flowering I only have 2-3 strings still on each plant. One mistake I made on my first grow was to tie the string too tight around the stems, choking the plants, now I just make a loose hoop instead.

13. HEll yeah, man!!! Great Looking buds!!! Way to go yo!!

14. Absolutely beautiful buds, greeny! Even if the buds don't grow quite as large as they did on your first grow, you'll still have some very nice stuff. After all, your first grow was amazing!

If you care to check my journal, I'm not sure if it's time to LST or not, maybe you could give me some feedback? You're obviously quite good at LST.

P.S. I don't think I've posted in either of your journals before, but they were both huge inspirations to me to start growing, and to feel like I could really do it. Thanks, good luck, and great work on this batch of plants!

15. Thanks ! Your grow is looking good too ! Seems like you have a lot of different things going on there.

16. Thanks ! Yeah, I don't believe I'll end up with any single bud that's larger than the largest single bud from the first grow, but I do know that I'll end up with an alright amount of overall buds, as long as I can quit stealing buds off of the plants before it's harvest time, lol.

I left a reply on your journal about the LST question. On this grow, I didn't start any training until day 27, I don't think there's any rush for you at all yet.

17. looks so tasty!!
    cant wait to see the final product

18. DAY 48 - 12/12

This will probably be my last update in this journal until harvest time. I gave the plants their last feeding yesterday, and they will only get water from here on out. Just like on my first grow, I've sampled quite a few buds already (5-6 so far). I've checked the trichs a couple of times with the microscope, but they don't seem quite ready yet. I'm estimating that harvest time will be anywhere from 10-14 days from now, we'll see. Here's a few pictures of one of the plants from tonight.

:smoking::wave:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Wow!!
    i put that picture with et as my wall paper on the computer
    im lovin it
    did you start lst on day 27 of flowering or veg??

20. Thanks ! The start of LST was on day 27 of veg, about 10 days before I flipped over to 12/12.