My second grow - Northern Lights (nirvana)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by greeny909, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Wow, I never would have figured that GC has more members. There's very little action here at least on the grow journals section. Somebody can post an update and days will go by without anybody even replying. Usually on the other forum, you'll have many more replies, and for somebody looking for feedback and advice, especially if they're a noob, that's a good thing. And since I use a 150 HPS when flowering, I like their 150 HPS section, which has over 200,000 hits now.

2. I would say icmag definitely has more active posters than here. There are also a lot of breeders that post there so that's where I go to get info on genetics and breeding. As far as the Nirvana NL, I grew out a few in the past and it was a hardy plant with very nice yields. Not the most potent stuff but good. I had a small heat issue myself but she put out a lot of bud anyway. I have some pics of a LST'd Nirvana NL in my gallery.

3. That's good to hear ! I just checked out the pictures of the Nirvana NL in your gallery, and it looks very nice indeed ! Now I know what I can look forward to when flowering comes around.

I also noticed that you had some C99 pictures. I've been very curious about trying out C99 for a while now. I've heard that it's extremely low odor, did you also find that to be the case ? Did the C99 grow much larger in height than the NL, since the C99 is mostly Sativa I believe ? How did the smell from the NL compare to the smell of the C99 when growing ? I've also heard that C99xNL cross is a very low odor plant.

4. Nice looking plants bro, keep it up :hello:

5. I love C99 so if you can find the seeds I highly recommend it. It is indeed low odor and what odor it does have is very floral and doesn't smell like MJ much at all. I'm not saying if a cop got a big whiff he wouldn't know what it was but it is much less obvious than most. I didn't find the NL to be as low odor as its reputation suggests but it's not too bad. Cindy is quite a bit more stealthy in my book.

Cindy is more stretchy than NL but with LST and a little topping you can keep them close to the same height. You can also give the C99 a little less veg time than you typically would give an Indica-dominate plant.

6. Thanks for the reply ! I haven't been able to locate any pure C99 yet, but I did find a C99xNL cross that was reasonably priced. I haven't grown any Sativas yet, so I'm thinking that I will most likely go that route for my next grow. I still have a couple of months to locate seeds and decide what I will grow next, so there's no rush yet.

:)

7. Thanks ! And good luck with your grow also !

8. A lot fewer surprises this time around, I suppose? They look vibrant. Love the pics, man. Love 'em.

9. Thanks a lot ! Yeah, there's a few less surprises I guess, but until I'm on my 100th grow, I won't feel 100% confident, lol.

10. DAY 33

Well, the heat wave has come back and it's pretty hot in the cabinet again. The plants seem to be doing alright though. On the other hand, I've blown three power supplies for the computer fans so far. It seems that the plants can cope with the heat, but not the power adapters. Luckily, I have a lot of old ones lying around, so after a few quick wire splices, I'm back in business. Having decent ventilation and fans blowing on the plants in this heat is crucial I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. DAY 33 (cont.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. oh yes. im loving your lst mate, seems to work wonders in relation to height control. i returned home after the weekend to notice some of my plants had suffered some burn from heat stress :( i watered as it was due and misted to raise humidity on foliage and although they are looking better today, i think its time i got my lst on! do you think its possible to lst to early? even if it is just a slight encouragement to grow horizontally?

once again, loving your grow ! :wave:

13. Thanks ! Yeah, I have no choice but to do some bondage (LST), due to my cabinet height. I guess I could also use some sort of screen, but that would be more of a hassle for me, since I like to remove my plants from the cabinet quite often, when watering, taking pix, etc.

I wouldn't start LST'ing too early probably, since seedlings are much more fragile than when they've had a chance to grow a little bit. I'd probably be a bit more gentle if I started earlier. You also don't want to start too late of course, because then the stems will have thickened up, and it will be harder to bend them.

14. wow best journal so far! Great pics man! KEEP IT UP! I wanna see more, more, more! :p

15. Thanks a lot !

The best journal on this site is mr. postman's, but he seems to have left this site.

16. DAY 37 - Last day of veg

If my cabinet were slightly larger and I had the room for larger pots in there, then I would have liked to veg for a tad longer, but I don't, so vegging is done for now ! Tommorow will officially be day one of 12/12. I changed around the whole setup tonight, right before lights went out, so everything will be ready to go tommorow when the plants wake up. The only thing for me to do now is sit back and find out which plants are males and which are not.

[​IMG]

17. Great looking plants Greeny!
    Good luck on the sexing

18. Thanks a lot ! I'm hoping for two females, don't need anymore than that !

:wave:

19. awesome looking plants! I've got my fingers crossed for you.
    just remember, start counting days of 12/12 when budlets start forming, not when you see pistils.

20. Thanks alot ! 'ppreciate it !:)

As for counting the days, I don't go by the days at all, so I'm just stating the days as a matter of reference. The 'scope will tell me when the buds are ready. So, in my case at least, day 1 of 12/12 is actually day 1 of 12/12, it's less confusing to me and makes more sense that way, since I don't harvest by days.