My second grow - Nirvana Northern Lights CFL *Flowering*

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by token2004, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Attached Files:

2. HIGH All, looking Good Token...Love The NL's...well it was NL's#5 I grew and Loved it.

3. Looking VERY impressive are those in little polycups?

4. Looking good, when are you going to transplant them? Some leaves are dying it could be out of root space or needing fed.

5. Neither. The leaves that are dieing are the first leaves that always die except for one plant which I consider the runt... I never did anything different for it but its not growing too well Ill put up better pics later!

6. So it goes a little something like this -

The setup is in an aquarium stand. Its under a 20 galon tank actually with 2X oscar fish in it! Its about 2 feet wide, 2 feet tall and 1 foot deep. Right now the mylar in it is pretty crappy, its bulging out in places and stuff like that so I am loosing out on a few square inches in there but one of these days I am going to drain the tank and take the cabinet 100% apart and paint it so I can use ALL the space! But thats besides the point..

There is 5 Northern Lights plants in there now, they are on week #4 of vegetation. I just started them on 18/6 light schedule about a week ago... the plan is to take about 6 clones in the next 3 weeks and then switch them over to flowering. Right now they are in party cups.. 3 of them will stay in party cups and the remaining 2 will get transplanted into 1 galon pots.

I just watered them so I will post pics after they perc back up!

7. Forgot one thing! As you can see in the pics above I topped 2 of the plants and they are now coming along nicely!

8. new pics.. they look a little droopy because i watered them quite a bit about a half hour before the pics..

Attached Files:

9. Check em out you guys! I just topped another plan too.. so well see how that goes!! I love opening the cabinet now because all you can see is GREEN hen you do! I also love walking into my room as well because boy does it smell 'fresh'

Attached Files:

10. Holy shit you guys check these things out!!! You can see last night I LST'd the plant on the FAR left and this morning I did the one on the FAR right. But look at the growth just since last night in the LAST picture... it bent back up and grew about 2 inches! I didn't thinking topping and LSTing would stimulate growth this much! I have to start flowering by friday or they will get to damn big!

Attached Files:

11. Yo I figured out taking pics when the lights are off works MUCH better! Check these out!!

Attached Files:

12. Hey man, I'm tuned in for sure. I got some nirvana NL too waiting to be sprouted.

Gotta few questions for ya: What kind of soil are you using? How many CFLs you runnin in there? Nutes?

Peace!:wave:

13. Not many people checking my grow.. wtf lol... I almost jizz myself every time I open the cabinet... check out these canopy shots I just took!!

As for soil I am using schultz premium potting... no nutes yet when they show sex I will start my shultz blooming formula which seems to work pretty good.. and for lights I am using 7X 2700K 26 watt and 4X 5600k 23 watt bulbs.. all within 1.5 - 2 inches from the plants with temps around 83

Attached Files:

14. Very nice man, they look happy and healthy:wave:

15. Also keep in mind these plants have been and will be in party cups their whole life... so they are doing pretty good for size of the root balls.

16. What size party cups? 16 oz?

17. Yep, most people don't think it can be done but it isn't hard to do successfully as long as you don't let the plants get to big.... if they do start to have problems from it I will transplant them all into bigger pots but I think they will be fine in the party cups.. Ive seen it done many times.. but like i said I do have pots that are around 45oz a piece on standby.

18. What is the usual life span of your plants in those party cups from start to finish?

19. 2-5 weeks veg 9-11 weeks flower.

20. My biggest healthiest plant is FEMALE! I seen tonight the absolute earliest pistils my eyes could ever see... but bad news.. I am pretty sure my other LST'd plant is a male. :( At least the female is going to have 8 MAIN colas! First pic is the female!

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      474.5 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      650.4 KB
      Views: