My Second Grow - Cindy 99

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by GotBlunt?, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Hi guys, I'm relatively new to GC. I've read the forums for a while and occasionally post in random places, but this is my first grow journal here. It's actually only my second grow ever. Anyway I've been looking at some of the sweet grows going on here and decided I'd post some pics of my own and hopefully get some good feedback from you fellow GCers:wave:

OK, a little background info on my growing experience thus far...
    This is my second grow of C99 - the first one was a learning experience. Things were going pretty well until an unfortunate invasion of spider mites:mad: . That, coupled with having to go out of town for a few too many days resulted in some pretty devastating consequences for the girls. By about half way through flowering almost all the leaves had either been eaten or shriveled or cut off, and so the buds seemed to pretty much stop growing after that. By the time all was said and done I ended up with 1 oz each from my two plants. Even though the buds were not very big and not as quality as they should have been, it was still awesome smoke. Haha we smoked most of it before it was even really cured... couldn't wait that long to taste my first homegrown! All that aside though this stuff packs a great racy high, and damn potent. Toward the end of the stash one bowl in the morning had me baked for 4 hours.

So back to the current grow, all the paremeters are pretty much the same as the first grow:
    -small closet grow - approx. 2'x2' floor space, and about 4' of height to work with
    -250w HPS for flowering, with MH conversion bulb for veg
    -2 females remain from seed, in organic soil/vermiculite mix
    -Fox Farms Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom; full strength according to feeding
    schedule every other watering
    -18/6 light for about 5 weeks of veg; LST beginning at about 2 weeks

OK now for the pics... they are currently about 2.5 weeks into 12/12:

Grow 2 - 2.5 weeks 011.jpg

Grow 2 - 2.5 weeks 012.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Wow bro looking really nice, keep up the good work and keep the updates coming!

-JACK-

3. Here's a few update pictures of my C99s - they're at 4 weeks of 12/12 and doing well:smoke:

Attached Files:

4. Those look great , room is starting to look a little bit cramped with all them fluffy nugs =) keep it up bro K+:smoke:

5. good choice that is some A++ herb

6. New pics at about 5 weeks flowering now. How are they lookin? I think they're coming along pretty well - should definitely surpass the yield on my first grow (I hope, haha). Harvest date is May 23, which will be almost 8 weeks exactly since I flipped them. There's no room for negotiation though, as my g/f and I are heading to the west coast for some R&R on the 24th. I think they'll be in great shape by then anyway. The breeder lists the indoor flowering time at 50 days and my girls will have gotten 55 days of 12/12, and the buds started busting out after only a couple days - so it should work out just right.

Attached Files:

7. Those look dense as Hell! And I really like your LST job that you have done as well. Keep it up man. :)

8. Wow man fantastic growing!! Plants look very healthy, and without a doubt in my mind your gonna surpass your first harvest for sure...

Whats she smell/taste like? You must be getting some scent by now when you rub the stems or ruffle her leaves a bit... Make sure you put some aside this harvest to cure up long enough to really get the full flavor/smell, and high of the c99. You'll be happy you did:p .

9. damn, i really wish i could afford a hps right now. those buds look so fat and healthy. good job

10. Wow!
    2nd grow?
    Very VERY nice and healthy plants. +rep
    Are you foliar feeding these babes?

11. Thanks for the compliments guys! It really paid off to do a lot of research before starting to grow, and this time I've been lucky enough to avoid any major disasters so far. I hope those colas continue to fatten up - at this point last time they effectively stopped growing, but I'm blaming the spider mites for that (bastards).

Cindy does have a great smell doesn't it, Postman? One of the best parts of growing this strain I think is that it has barely any odor at all, until you rub the stem a little or graze the buds. But damn when you do it smells GREAT. I've noticed that my two girls smell slightly different as well, the one one the left of the grow room has a little more musky/spicy scent over that subtle grapefruity smell, while the one on the right is just super-fruity. mmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it. and yeah, I told my girl we can take a bud or two out after it's dry to hold us over, but the rest is goin in jars for at least a few weeks' cure.

urgr8estfear, i have given them maybe 6 or 8 foliar feedings, but not in a couple weeks. when i did i just used whatever my current nute schedule called for, but diluted to about 1/3-1/2 strength. they seemed to enjoy it:cool:

12. good job bro. i was thinking of going with the ff nutes and schedule. I see its really working well for you. keep it up. I'm over here on the west coast (so. cal) to bad you couldnt bring some over and we could blaze it. anyhoo, I know how important anonymity is while growing under US current laws. have a good harvest and a good trip. later dude!

13. OK here are some updated pics at 45 days of 12/12. These were actually taken two days ago, so they've got one more week to go from today. I flushed them two days ago as well, so probably one more flushing and that'll do it.

The last two pictures I took with some weird flash setting on, and it resulted in some pretty trippy effects!

Attached Files: