My school suspended me for having money is this allowed?

Discussion in 'General' started by uncookedyew3, Dec 16, 2012.

1. #1 uncookedyew3, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
    On Friday, in math class everyone went to an assembly and me and 1 other student had to stay back and do work we missed because we were sick the past 3 days. This guy had an OZ in a jar and he threw his bag in the class and walked to assembly the jar broke so it smelled like dank weed.

While everyone was at the assembly the class smelled like weed and i smelled everyones bags and it was coming from the pothead Kevins bag. When the class came back from the assembly it smelled like dank and the teacher blamed me in the other student because it didnt smell before they left.. And we were both sent to the office.

I was searched and they found absolutely nothing! and they asked to see my wallet and I had 300$ in it. The reason I had 300$ is because my job pays in cash(I work at a horse farm) and I was going to the bank after school to put it in.. I told the school to call my work and they wouldnt believe me and they said I probably flushed it down the toilet on the way to the office.. I also said check the cameras and they didnt.

I was suspended for 10 days for drug dealing even though they found nothing.. is this allowed?

I didnt want to snitch on the person who actually had the weed because I would have literally died..

**EDIT the other guy in the class wasnt suspended..

2. Math class? Assembly? OP is definitely underage.

3. Take them to court.

4. Get your facts straight.. I'm in grade 12 and I go to a catholic school so it was a Christmas mass assembly

5. yea maybe this is a sign of profit? ;]

6. #6 SkunkWoodz, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
    go to the superintendents office. Your school cant do that to you.

even the principal answers to a boss.

I would tell him/her it says your school doesnt like hard working Americans.

oooooh bummer missed the private school part. If you're 18 go back to public. Thats lame

7. So what happened with all the pot?

8. Hope they didn't take your 300 man...if a kid left bag with an oz in school I woulda snatched that shit and dipped lol..
    Come back t he next day hi as shit lol

9. Who the fuck cares.
    Op do not take that shit. U better fight those assholes bromacia

10. Sketch. Jesuit Sacramento?

11. That blows cock man

Who the hell brings an Oz to school, especially in a glass jar?
    You should definitely do something about it. They had no proof, and you seem to have a legit arguement for anything they throw at you. I'd take legal action
    Good luck haha

12. Or call the local news channel. They're always covering shit like that.

13. Nope this isn't legal at all

First of all it was a unwarranted search but it did have reasonable suspicion but you have the right to refuse a search until you get a lawyer. But if you consented to the search then you have no leverage.

BUT: depending on what school policies are you could've signed a contract which permits teachers to search you as they are acting as your guardian.

However the suspension part is possibly a illegal suspension. They suspended you for possible possession/trafficking of marijuana with probable cause cause of the smell. It's not illegal to smell like weed but having it is.

TL:DR: they searched you illegally and suspended you with suspicion of trafficking and possession

My advice: get a lawyer. The least you could ask for is removing the offence off your criminal record.

Cheers