My roommates and I are having a party tonight. If worst comes to worst, and cops.....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ridge, Feb 13, 2011.

1. My roommates and I are having a party tonight. If worst comes to worst, and cops show up, can they search the house if they see any sort of alcohol? We are all under 21 (damn so close less than a year for me!). I have a relatively small grow that I just started and the seeds are just now germinating, but I locked the closet that the grow room is in and the main light is off, only a small one on for germination. If the cops did come in and search... which I'm pretty sure if they see alcohol they can do that.. can they open that locked closet? can they force me to open it? can they break it?

I'm sure this party wont get busted but we are going all out and getting a keg so it may get a little too rowdy so I just want to make sure...

Thanks!

2. if think they can if they see alcohol. and if they have a search warrent. they can break it down.

3. So, in a house with a grow op you are throwing a party where you are "going all out" and "it may get a little too rowdy"...why not just call the cops yourself, ask them to come over and bust your grow, and just get it over with already?

Calling LEO attention to yourself and running a stealth operation are incompatible opposites.

4. they dont need light for germ. hide them shits.......

what r ya gonna do when ur roomies wanna get rowdy and you got a lady in full bloom?

5. < Sigh >.........IMO, you're asking for trouble. I doubt you'd end up in Huntsville, but I think y'all are taking a big risk.

chunk

6. Ofcourse this isn't going to happen on the reg, in fact this is the last large event that we are going to have...
    Some more insight: we live in a college neighborhood, and the chances are pretty low... the room is LOCKED, deadbolted. and we are going all out because this is our last time to have a large event (we have a pretty sweet house... so its kinda sad, but the bud will be well worth it) and we want to go into DL mode because of the grow op.
    I guess I should have known it was a bad idea, as I wouldn't have a party with flowering plants ever. I assume seeds are of less penalty but other than that, the cops can fuck me.
    Guess it's just gonna be a risk, I think everything will be-A -OK though, our largest party's in the past have never brought attention to the cops so I'm not too worried.

7. Just don't be stupid screaming booming music starting fights and all that mumbo jumbo stuff that cops hate. they won't show up if nobody calls =O

8. look homi, just hide youre germ'n seedz somewhere and hide all youre equip for the time being. if you want to leave it all setup then you can prob do so without problems. i mean if cops come in and bust it up i doubt theyll be searching through the whole house but they will prob go in every room lookin for people and drugs. just seems like a bad time for you to get it all started. chances are youll be fine though. if it were me, id take everything down and hide up in the attic or garage or some place like that. if they asked about equip, id say that i used to have a lizard or something that used certain lights etc.

9. Haha reminds me of when we first moved in, around 2 AM we were partyin pretty hard, and a fight breaks out in the other room, one of the guys ends up getting punched and shoved into the wall leaving a huge hole. The hole is still there... and luckily its in a obscure kind of location so only a couple people ever ask about it. AND the cops still never showed...

10. being from texas and knowing the legal system here I would recommend one of two things. A: Live a quiet life for a couple months and enjoy your grow.
    B: Dont even think about it if you can't do that.

Most places in texas getting caught growing basically makes you a murderer :p
    Just use your head man and stay safe :)

Good luck,

NeedZ

11. Thanks, ya the legal status of weed here is so shoddy. But ya, months of quiet living coming up for sure. Me and my roommates are secretly celebrating the start of the grow, while everyone else celebrates valentines day or whatever

12. Well the party is over by now, so you either are sitting in jail or you're not, but...

Your responses are total rationalizing bullshit. Oh, so this is your last chance to throw a party? That somehow makes it all better? You're not too worried about it? Then why did you post in the first place?

You're a young kid (in college) and rationalizing away threats is part of what you do at that age. Science has now shown that it isn't until about age 25 or so that the human brain has fully developed the ability to understand risk. That is exactly why you are going forward with the party making assumptions about the legal penalties and ultimately throwing up your hands in saying, "other than that, the cops can fuck me." That is not a "DL" attitude.

The law doesn't care if you are in flowering or not. Cultivation carries its own penalties in many places, whether you are flowering or germinating or anything in between. Some places penalties go by weight (which includes all plant material, even roots) but in others the penalties go by number of plants, whether sprouts or 12 foot monsters.

I hope you didn't land you in jail. But it was a stupid decision that was not made less stupid by any amount of nonsensical rationalizing.

13. People like you are the type that get caught.. Just sayin.. :smoke:

14. Well everything went ok, I'm hungover as hell but thanks for the advice everyone. Some people did pull out the haterade on here tho, I mean come on I'm in college I was rationalizing bullshit... that's what college kids do, we like to party and fuck random girls, and get high (ofcourse). But I'm not stupid, I'm not one of those guys that tells everyone walking in the door about our grow, I'm excited, but no one knows, and the chances of me getting caught are so slim that I really shouldn't have gone on here asking in the first place. But I love these forums and I know y'all give good advice so I wen't ahead and posted, so for those of you that were kind and non-belittling with your responses... THANKS!!
    And to those of you that belittle, fuck off!! Just kidding lets have a smoke

15. before you start growing you should know all laws that may affect your situation. Every state is a little different. But in the future instead of waking up hungover in your room it could have been a cell...just think if its worth it.

16. before you start growing you should know all laws that may affect your situation. Every state is a little different. But in the future instead of waking up hungover in your room it could have been a cell...just think if its worth it.