My room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DREVS, Jan 5, 2019.

1. I personally do not like gpw comparisons unless they are between growers using the same light. Why? Because if you and I are in identical rooms with identical strains and I get 1gpw with an 1000w HID and you get 1.5 gpw with 500W of qbs. You win the gpw battle but I have produced almost 9 more oz. than you.

2. But you’ve also used twice the electricity. I could bump it up to match your electrical usage and beat you by 150%. GPW is all about efficiency. That’s how I operate in business and in life

• Like Like x 1
  3. Actually, that is why I added the "same room/same strain" . There is a point of diminishing returns. Just because you double the lights does not automatically equate to double the production. 9 zips buys alot of electricity.

4. Good stuff...but it almost lost me when it started out inferring that HID produced yellowish plants. While I think the overall take was a bit skewed towards the conclusion it wished to make, I would not argue against qBs being the more efficient option. My argument is (still) in using gpw to compare the 2. An article like this goes beyond that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea that is what I figured.

6. Honestly bud. I’m currently running two of these in my 4x4 tent, one for each plant, and this is how my girls are looking so far. They’re cheap and are doing a great job so far. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    There’s no fan leaves on either plant and the buds are as dense as rocks right now.

7. Truly magnificent.

Grows like this, i think to myself. That’s what i want to be able to pull. Without diving right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Thank you. I’m doing my best with the information gathered through this community.

Second to Last
    Second to Last

9. wow those look really nice!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I like everything about your post! What medium are you using?

11. I’m using Coco Coir 50/50 with perlite. I’m running Advanced Nutrients line but I’m making my own mixtures as opposed to following the rules. Lol
    The white stuff on top is just GnatNix one of the best top dressings ever.

Second to Last
    Second to Last

12. Also thank you very much! I’ve learned quite a bit over my last two grows and it’s been a wonderful journey with a lot of trial and errors, mainly errors.

Second to Last
    Second to Last

• Like Like x 1
  13. That won’t take you through flower but should take you through first month of veg. I would add some hydro nutes to them during flower, especially Flower Fuel or equivalent from weeks 3-7 for optimal bud growth

14. #58 DREVS, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    my plan is to start them in jiffy peat pellet then move them to a red party cup filled with FF Happy Frog. I will then trans into the final pot with the water only for flower. That’s my plan anyway

15. I wouldn’t suggest a water only for flower just because during flower you want to make sure you are in control of the nutes. She will eat A LOT of P during flower. More than likely more than that substrate will provide and I’m not sure how accepting that is of additional nutrients. Just my personal opinion.

Second to Last
    Second to Last