My room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DREVS, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Building my room, the room has 2 closets, I plan to veg one closet and flower the other. Here is a few shots of my flower closet. It is 5x3.5 I put 2 5gal buckets in it for scale. Plan to run 400w my question is how many plants? I am thinking 2, in 7 gal fabric pots. What you all think?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks pretty good, with a lil LST you should have enough room, i grow 4 plants in a 5 x 4 x 8 however IMO you could use a little more wattage, but thats just my opinion. Good luck.

3. That’s almost 18 sf. You’ll need a 1k in there or about 750 watts of quantum board or cob LEDs

• Like Like x 1
  4. You think he will need that for 2 plants? I thought you only go by wattage/sq ft if you plan to use all of the space. Example: I have a 5x5 and only use 3x3 (2x2 for room to work). So I only need 3x3 of light coverage. Am I wrong here?

5. It’s by the sf used. But I could never not fill that space. Just giving advice based on that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I only really plan to use 4x2.5 right down the middle with a foot unused by the door for a fan.

7. Everywhere I look it’s quantum board this quantum board that... I’ve used HPS for 10 years and just recently have i switched to LED and found the results disappointing to those of HPS/HID. Personally a HPS would DESTROY any led (including all ur fancy quantum boards)

You got a nice nice little room going there! Have you considered a DWC? What about reflective siding?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Seems like overkill and pointless but if you like wasting power then go for it unless you have 2 massive plants in there

9. Your doing something wrong then. I’m a HPS convert and will never go back. Solid buds, better yields, more frost. Less power and heat. What’s not to love?

10. That's what I thought

• Like Like x 1
  11. It’s a hard topic to argue about given there’s over 5,000 strains that all produce different bud structures , smell , yields , and Thc production or “frost”. Next your into lighting... once again there more then just one brand and every brand produces different effects and Kelvins so I’m not gonna get into this any further as it seems completely pointless to discuss. It’s all personal option and I was just giving mine.

12. Yea I am going to put up Mylar I would like to use coco in the future. Currently I have some soil I am going to start a plant in it. I want to clone then start the clones in coco and then put mom outside come spring, I live in Michigan so it is cool I live in the sticks, thinking of doing a couple outside this year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Here is a pic of my veg set up

Attached Files:

14. It’s not opinion though. So much science showing why high efficiency LEDs will beat hps everytime. Hps still does well but Led is the future. I’ve seen 2g’s per watt with qbs. 2g’s per watt isnt possible with Hps, 1g per watt is doing well.

15. Dr. Coco says he gets 14oz on two 200w viparspectra LED in a 4x4 tent.

16. Wait I’m a little confused on the second part there.. if you wanna keep that mother until the outdoor season she’s gonna need 18/6 or more until your ready to put her outside and once she’s out there she’s gonna get even bigger. So let me get this straight your gonna veg a mother for 4-5 months indoors then move her outside for another 5-6 months? Hope you have a huge backyard cause ur gonna have a 5+ pound plant... I don’t even think ur even gonna get a plant out of that room after 4-5 months.

17. He’s a liar. Viparspectras are only good for veg. There’s not enough reds or penetration for flowering

18. It was a thought and yes I have a huge open backyard

19. #19 DREVS, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019

Attached Files:

20. If you feel comfortable doing that go for it!!!! I start my indoor veg on Jan 1st and move them into a outdoor hoop house with HPS lighting until the end of April then I pull off the hoop and hang the light above the plant again until August then I remove the light and let nature take its course. My bigger yield was 11 pounds 2 oz’s for an outdoor grand daddy purple. Second was 10 pounds 6 oz’s and that one was Lemon OG. My average yields around 7 pounds a plant with that technique.