My reluctant conclusion to the afterlife...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Senior PoopiePants, Nov 1, 2011.

1. I don't come to this realization lightly.

Not too long ago, I really believed in reincarnation. But at this point, being an agnostic atheist, I really believe there is just nothing - lights out.

I say this because I have been watching "I survived, there and back" and I've read a lot about NDE's.

Obviously they are all purely subjective. Some see angels, some go to hell briefly, some see dead loved-ones, and some go to heaven. Some even just are in a void. Many times they mention god.

I really think it's just the last few minutes that the brain is still alive (cell-wise).

Perhaps they (NDE's) are just a built in mechanism that activates when the body dies. All people who have had NDE's have indeed come back to share their stories.

I believe once the brain is completely kaput - (once the cells all die), whatever that experience that person is experiencing just fades out into oblivion...

One can only imagine (according to the theory) what would happen if someone had their heads (and brains) completely pulverized.

Anyways, I HOPE in/for reincarnation, but I don't necessarily "believe" in it anymore.

But if it's just lights out, then so be it - especially if it fades smoothly, like I said, into oblivion. It would be like before we were born.

The human body is smart - they way it has evolved (well, all living organisms are just amazing). It does this when that goes wrong. It has a lot of built in defense mechanisms. I wouldn't be surprised if it had a mental/psychological transition mechanism...

Thoughts???

2. Yeah even if there is no existence after death at least we a natural coping mechanism.

3. #3 Senior PoopiePants, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
    It's interesting shit. I'm watching this documentary on Youtube right now about NDE's (very objective), and this woman had to be induced into clinical death for 1 hour while they performed brain surgery to remove an aneurism.

She said she saw the drill and the saws, and even heard the doctors talk in technical terms. Once she came back and relayed the information to them, they said it was consistent with what they said and had to do.

So that's the only part that fucks me up. If it is only a transitional mechanism, that does not explain the OBE part of it all.

My mind is fucked.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb5Izu5Mrrk&feature=related]Today I Died - Science Documentary Pt.4 - 6 - YouTube[/ame]

You can find parts 1 to the end if you really want to, but the woman talks about it in this part. Fucking nuts. :eek:

4. With that video in mind, it makes me wonder: What methods and drugs were they using to keep the body so stable but still clinically dead at the same time for an hour? It reminds me of the movie "Flatliners", where they were medical students who would sneak into the labs and kill themselves so they could see what happens when they die, but someone would bring them back.

Knowing that we have the medical technology to do that more stable, I wonder why they don't do a huge study with human subjects (minus the surgery - just making them clinically dead for an hour).

I know I would volunteer!

5. I have a guess as to what can happen if you know you're dying and it isn't sudden and surprising. In the moment just after your life stops (technically this is usually gonna be your heart giving out in cases that don't involve sudden head trauma), your mind enters a countdown. The "afterlife" is a dream experienced on the way to final brain death, which can be almost as long as you can imagine it to be given the funny nature of time in dreams.

You can live it all over again, in flashes, or give yourself an experience of leaving the body and living as a ghost among people. Meeting god, smoking him out, laughing about the old times... whatever it is you want. The catch, of course, is that it's all in your head as seconds creep by at a snail's pace. *start the inception soundtrack* :D

That's just a guess.

6. Would you like for me to explain what causes "going to heaven or hell" when one almost dies?

7. why even ask? i just threw out a guess without so much as an impulse to ask.

8. Sometimes people aren't interested in occult stuff, and because I don't have time tonight and just wanted to see so when I check tomorrow I'll know whether to explain it or not, if he's even interested.

9. I'm actually curious/interested myself.

10. Sure.

11. expectations;):smoke:

12. Ok then, here we go. First off, for those who tend to disagree with my posts, you can stop reading here. I'm not going to argue about facts no matter how much you wish to disbelieve that such things are known.

I will not go into explaining why reincarnation is an occult fact and not a guess or philosophy, I'll just leave it at one can directly perceive it with the proper training.

When one is on the verge of death, as in they didn't get suddenly get decapitated or something, the process goes as such. You begin to feel the life/consciousness withdraw from the extremities towards the stomach, or more exactly, the center in the solar plexus. It is a cold feeling that moves from the hands and feet in towards the solar plexus. When this occurs, the soul which has it's major residence near the top of the head, observes a light that comes from this center, and it appears to be coming from an upward angle in that state. This is "the light" people describe that they are drawn toward which they believe is heaven. In comparison to the physical life, the peace/bliss that is felt from the consciousness residing in the heart center indeed does feel heavenly. In fact, illumination (not enlightenment) occurs when the kundalini rises into this center. One very well might see angels in this state, without the physical body limiting the senses of the astral and mental bodies.

And so as one is drawn in to exit the body through this center, one feels a profound bliss typically. Just for the record, the normal person exits the body through this center upon death, a particularly worldly minded person will exit through the feet, which is not good at all, and the Adept will exit through the head.

This is the First Death, when the etheric body detaches from the physical body, but is still holding the astral and mental bodies together as the form and personality the person once was. After this exiting of the body, it usually takes about 3 days for the etheric body to dissolve enough for the 2nd death to occur, as the physical and etheric bodies are interdependent on each other to supply each other with vitality to "stay alive".

If a person has committed some type of particularly bad "sin", or even possibly the fear of just some more minor things they've done that dogma has told them they will go into an eternal damnation for, they will struggle and fight to avoid the 2nd "real" death. When outside of the physical bodies, the emotions are felt in a much more pure, sharp way. So the terror one who feels he is about to face an eternal hell, or one who has committed some heinous crime and has gleaned the process that comes after the 2nd death, literally provides the etheric body with just enough vitality to survive via intense emotions, and if one doesn't go back into the physical body it they will live as a ghost, though usually only the ones who've committed some crime live as ghosts for a moment.

It is worth mentioning that typically a "good" person goes through the process of death without any problems, it is usually only the ones who've done something seriously wrong and/or the ones who have some type of occult knowledge of the process also who become terrified of the 2nd death for fear of the consequences they will face temporarily.

I would like to add, that in surgeries where the person inexplicably dies while anesthetized, this is a conscious choice of death, the person chooses to die. As I said, in comparison to the real world, the peace of the heart center where the white light comes from seems so much better, and so the person simply goes to it and it causes death of the physical body. On the other hand, a person who is dying, but the body isn't destroyed too badly, can fight off death by using the will to not retract into the heart, if one just focuses they can fight it off and come back to consciousness.

13. #14 TheJourney, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
    I don't understand this question of the afterlife...who are you? Who is this "you" that will either cease to exist or have some sort of afterlife?

As a matter of fact, I don't understand most of the questions/disagreements that exist. They're all based on conceptual and semantic overlays on reality. All dependent on conceptual or semantic assumptions.

14. I put this in another thread ...just something to think about here

Steve Jobs' sister said his last words were "Oh wow oh wow oh wow" ....

yeah, theres something after we die.....think he was Buddhist too..lol

15. Socrates sat up* after thought dead, and said "Crito, we owe a cock to Asclepius. Please do not neglect to pay the debt." Then he died.

All hail Asclepius, the God of Medicine and Healing!

*considering what was happening to him, I may be remembering this creatively.

16. Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

17. Looks like Asclepius reminded him not to shortchange him to me. It must be true. Certainly that's more go on, anyway, than "oh wow"

18. Why would someone with occult knowledge have a more difficult time? Is it because the less aware you are of what's to come, the easier the transition?

19. Someone who had committed some terrible act, who knew of this process, would become terrified and try to avoid the 2nd death.

A person who lived honorably would have no problem at all, particularly someone with occult knowledge. An Initiate in fact can die of his own volition when he has decided it is time, he needs not let the process happen naturally, it is as simple as exiting the body, cutting the astral cord, and he moves into death completely conscious of the experience, whereas many people remain in a coma like state between lives, or at least in a very confused state.