My religious veiws but what religion does it represent?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by cloudsurfer, Feb 1, 2013.

1. I want to be a part of a group and i say group because i refuse to say religion. Religion breeds one mindedness. But a group that strives to and praises empathy love caring knowledge and helpfullness. I would love to be a member of a group that instead of going to church and talking about how they wanna help they actually do it. A group of people helping people. Regardless of veiws of god or not. I don't not believe in god but i don't believe in him either. I think that is something i need to figure out on my own not in a group full of people pressuring me. So my question is what kind of group would it be that i could join with those veiws?

2. Gnostic Buddhism? New Age metaphysical spirituality perhaps, quantum spirituality. Why do you desire to join something, that implies some kind of rigidity or complacency. I personally don't like to assume that I know or think anything in relation to, well anything. Especially religion

3. You're already a part of a group, albeit a virtual one, GC. I think you can find most of those qualities you mentioned here. But anyway, I tend to go along with beagle on this. Why seek out something at all? Besides, if you really need a group like that, most likely it will find you.

4. Find a Humanism group? A group of humans who are concerned with helping humans, usually free of religious stuff. There are religious humanist groups though, but they still try to put the main focus on helping other people.

5. I just think it would be cool to brandon surrounded by cool like minded people

6. Volunteer at a charity of some sort. You sound like you just want to help people out.

Look for a cause and go volunteer. Find something you care about. Animal and homeless shelters probably could use help. Tell them you will do anything, ANYTHING!!