My Religious Life (Sort of a testimony)

Discussion in 'General' started by NeverMistakeMe, Aug 3, 2012.

1. I was raised a Christian. I went to CCD and occasionally went to church. I then grew up a little, started to become more independent, and I started studying Satanism. I shortly after lost interest and faith in Satanism and I full on went atheist. I was a hateful person, pessimistic, hopeless. This is what the realization of no higher power or belief caused me. I was attacking people on the Internet like every other Atheist trying to convert the believers. I thought I was superior because I THOUGHT I knew it all, I convinced myself that every Christian, catholic, Jewish, any religion, I convinced myself that they were just brainwashed idiots. How could they possibly believe in a God or higher-power(s)?
    My atheistic approach also had me interested in conspiracy theories and how the government is taking over the world, etc..
    And after 3 years of denying God I finally realized there's more than just nothing.
    I went to youth group, there's an interesting testimony on WHY I went.... as a non-believer, but that's a different story, even though it's actually quite crazy.
    After a few times of going, I felt enlightened. Not by their Christian God but by something.... something higher than me. (Pun intended.) I started seeing so many connections in life and patterns. At this time of confusion I labeled myself .... confused.
    And that's what I still am. I'm always going to be confused. But after going more and more I finally developed my own rational thoughts. I knew there was a higher-power. A man in the sky? Maybe. Maybe not. But SOMETHING or SOMEBODY was controlling these connections, my fate.
    So as of today, I don't like to label myself but I consider myself an agnostic. I'm still searching for more truth, but for now I'm on GrassCity.

Note: I actually don't expect anybody to read this cuz who gives a fuck, but feel free to share your thoughts :3
    I accept everybody for who they are, no matter what religion, race, or anything you are, you're a human with thoughts to me, so I'm expecting (but doubting) I'll get the same respect. This is the Internet, after all.

2. #2 l James l, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    Get your hating ass out of here.

How about how could any brainwashed idiot believe there is no god?

You don't get to tell anyone to leave. This disrespect is not tolerated here - WW

3. [quote name='"l James l"']Get your hating ass out of here.

How about how could any brainwashed idiot believe there is no god?[/quote]

You obviously didn't read the whole thing, so I'm not even going to attempt to reply to that.

4. Should of hit enter a few times if you actually wanted people to read it.

5. #5 NeverMistakeMe, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    [quote name='"l James l"']

Should of hit enter a few times if you actually wanted people to read it.[/quote]

If you read the whole thing I said I didn't expect anybody to read it. I'm not one to judge but you're a fucking idiot. You read the first 10 lines and judged me on that. That's my history.

Edit: Also, I'm using my iPod. I'm no professional author. I am posing on a stoner forum for fuck sake, go outside.
    Edit2: I did use enter and some indents, but if you're too dumb to read word for word then I apologize.

Name-calling/disrespect is not tolerated here - WW

6. Of course after going to youth group you are going to feel swayed back to the side of religion, that's the whole point of it..to persuade people. Honestly though switching back and forth to religious and non religious beliefs just shows not even you have that great of faith in some all powerful thing controlling us. And thats all religion really is, just having faith in something so when you die you get to go to "heaven". Good luck with whatever you decide you want to believe in, hope you're not too disappointed in the end. Personally I have more important things to worry about and put my energy towards than that dude in the sky watching over all of us, controlling us, and bringing people to their fate :rolleyes:

7. lol what?

8. [quote name='"LSDForPeace"']Of course after going to youth group you are going to feel swayed back to the side of religion, that's the whole point of it..to persuade people. Honestly though switching back and forth to religious and non religious beliefs just shows not even you have that great of faith in some all powerful thing controlling us. And thats all religion really is, just having faith in something so when you die you get to go to "heaven". Good luck with whatever you decide you want to believe in, hope you're not too disappointed in the end. Personally I have more important things to worry about and put my energy towards than that dude in the sky watching over all of us, controlling us, and bringing people to their fate :rolleyes:[/quote]

I don't fear him. I think you're assuming that I believe in Christianity or something similar. My thoughts and beliefs are unique and original to my person. I also stated that maybe it isn't a man in the sky, it could be anything.
    Also, going to youth group, not one person attempted to convince or convert me. I decided, for once in my life I'd actually listen to what other people have to say. The youth group I was going to was very liberal and they accepted everybody for who they were. My group leader was probably the nicest lady I ever met. As a Christian she accepted my drug use, partying, and profanity, I even cussed her out once on Facebook publicly about how she was a retard for believing in God, and she still accepted me for who I am. Something I haven't seen from ANY atheist yet, but acceptance has nothing to do with religion so I'll keep that to myself.

9. To be fair, the same thing can be said to you

10. Stopped reading here

11. How so?:confused_2:

12. I think it's pretty easy to draw vague conclusions about "connections" between people and events, when really it might have just worked out that way randomly. And as mentioned above, that group was designed to sway your opinion. I applaud you for getting out there and challenging your own beliefs, but don't decide so quickly that these so called "connections" add up to the existence of a higher power.

13. He's implying that if there does turn out to be a God, we won't be too happy about toking bongs with Satan for eternity. :p

14. "I was attacking people on the internet like every other athiest".

Thats just a completely stupid comment. Not every athiest does that shit and you thinking they do shows a huge lack of maturity on your part.

15. Oh the irony...

16. What irony? I wasnt attacking anyone and I'm not an atheist, so what point were you trying to make?

17. This, its a common mistake though. Almost everything atheists and religious folks say against each other would make just as much sense if they said it in front of mirror, but neither side ever realizes it...

18. Yeah I know:p

Honestly though if there did end up being a heaven and I wasn't invited because I was a 'naughty' boy I wouldn't mind. At least I spent my time on earth how I wanted to spend it, doing things I wanted to do and making such a limited time count. I wouldn't regret it for a second.

Plus eternity is a long fucking time...:laughing:

19. hey man , it's alright to be confused about your religion .

ALL Christians have questions , it's kinda apart of being religious .

Glad your back on board

20. [quote name='"twitchydude420"']"I was attacking people on the internet like every other athiest".

Thats just a completely stupid comment. Not every athiest does that shit and you thinking they do shows a huge lack of maturity on your part.[/quote]

I'm sure there are Atheists out there who don't just go around bashing other people, I haven't meet on yet, though, so until then....