My redneck set up.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Squidkid, Feb 17, 2017.

1. I know its not anywere near pro or even novice.but i think once complete it might just work for me.it measures 78 1/2" wide x 78" height x 40" depth.still have intake and exhaust holes to cut and alot more other stuff.i know its rough lookin but i hope it will do the job! 20170216_135112.jpg 20170216_135158.jpg 20170216_184705.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. It will work. My friend had a setup like yours he grew pounds and pounds in that thing. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'd put a vapor barrier in that exposed exterior wall... your gonna be getting things wet and humid so limit your chances for mold/mildew. Also you could frame in some studs so you can insulate the sides but that's not as important.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I need doors but i was wanting something on the inside also. im kinda slow what is a vapor barrier?also would 2 filtered 4inch intake holes with a 190cfm inline filter do the job?

5. Looks decent so far. I would use a vapor barrier or paneling over the insulation painted with kilz.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Can't speak to the fan.. figure your dims for the room and that will tell you how many times a minute your recycling you air.. total c^3/190.. anyhow, a vapor barrier can simply be some 2mil plastic you staple to the walls between the insulation and the Sheetrock , it can get more complicated and dedicated materials can be used but you can get away with some of the plastic they sell as dropcloth. It will slow the transfer of moisture between humid & less humid spaces.

Looking good so far man!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thank ya!

8. Tested my room last night heater was on medium heat. the temp this morning was 38f outside and 62f in the room.i was wandering if that was too low.it felt descent.but does it feel descent to my girls.

9. Mine's an abomination compared to yours.

10. Dude everything you see i had laying around my buildings.im so worried it aint gonna do right.moderating temps in an uninsulated building is crazy.the room is some what insulated.well sealed off from draft and what not.i just hope it does right.

11. Dude that set up is just fine! More than I've got for space.
    For that vapor barrier there's a product in construction they call tyvek it's bright white and fairly cheap. Takes staples well and it's pretty rugged. Make sure your wiring is legit and put all your money into the important stuff. 62 is a bit chilly but your lights are gonna bump that up a bit.
    Good luck man!

• Like Like x 1
  12. That aint a knife err umm red neck. THIS is neckn it right here and no it isnt mine but i was asked to water his plants and was a scary pain in the ass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum