My progress so far **PICS

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mr_brady2003, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Here is what my plants look like so far. I tried lst and two of the plants are fine but two look to be in bad shape, I think I screwed it up by twisting the stem when I tried to bend it sideways to follow the pot the plant is in(trying to follow the lst sticky). Anyways here are some pics of my plants along with the setup. It is my first time growing so I'd like to here what im doing wrong etc. I started the plants around mid December(their growing pretty slow in my opinion). Any feedback would be great.​

The two following pics are one of the struggling plants.​

[​IMG][​IMG]

These are some of the better plants. The first pic is a plant where I decided not to do lst.
    [​IMG]

The following two pics I did lst, I am not going to continue fearing the plant might suffer like the others.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is what I am growing them in. I have three 2700k flouresent bubls 20 watt each(I know its not enough but it'l have to do for now)​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. your plants are a joke.. sorry to be an asshole. i think you should get the right equipment and start over.. there mad streached out and don't look healthy at all.

maybe read a little more into growing..or do it out side (mad easier)

3. sorry to just be an asshole i don't know anything about growing.

4. Lol a bit harsh but whatever. Im not planning on flowering them or anything, just using them to take cuttings at the beginning of april. I was told by the guy who sold me the seeds that they are lanky plants, meant for outdoors(which is why im making clones). But yeah...I figured they wern't growing that well.

5. dude there's no need to call his stuff crap I mean we're all stoners here trying to learn and this is part of it. you didnt give him any advice so you were being an asshole. I wouldn't recommend cloning these plants because you just arent set-up to start cloning. I can't tell how close your light is but the closer the BETTER of course within a safe limit. Prune off the dead leaves from the babies who aren't looking good. Also if you plan to try and flower in that box you are going to need to top you plants bending just wont cut it in that space. Other than that the other four plants look decent yet lanky probably a sativa. as for their health i have to disagree with Blarney they dont look that bad. Are you using nutrients every watering and what type?

6. #6 MarGreenThumb, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    yea, those plants aren't looking too healthy. first problem i want to point out, they're very stretched, and that is more than likely due to the incorrect color spectrum. the 2700k's you're using are a reddish spectrum, and for vegetative growth, you're going to need a higher (more blue) color temp, like daylight (6500k). Next time, try some daylight rated 6500k compact fluorescents, and have around 100watts base, with 50+ watts for each additional plant. Practice makes perfect!

7. Im using fertilizer and my lights are fixed into position i cant really move them. I dont plan on flowering them whatsoever but I do want to clone them. I am going to go to the hardware store and look for some 6500k. Im going to try again next year and want to do it right... what is the best type of light for vegging and cloning purposes for 7 or 8 plants?

8. The general consensus seems to be that the best type of lighting for vegetative growth is a Metal Halide light, due to the greater amount of blue spectrum covered compared to other lighting sources. However some folks have gotten great results with CFLs and in some instances HPS lights that cover a broader than normal spectrum. Since you mentioned the best, Metal Halide seems to be the way to go, but there are alternatives if your budget is an issue.

As far as coverage for 7-8 plants, depending on the set-up, you may be able to get away with a minimum of 400w, but I have read some recommendations that state you should have at least 100w per plant, which in your case would put you at needing a 1000w bulb to get those babies really pumpin'. So again, depending on budget, you've got choices.

Hope this helps, and good luck on the next grow...

9. Dude ur plants look a little weak but they can be fixed, First off u stated that your going to clone them however u have to provide those plants with alot more care than your doing now if u want to get good clones so all the time spent wouldn't be a waste. The first thing I would do is remove the wire of the lamps and the portable outlet out of the grow box. This will provide more open space for your plants so they can breath a little better. Also do you have a opening to vent the air out? That would also be a plus, and simply just add a stronger light, u can also postion the fan at the bottom of the plants where the stem of the plant that meets the roots so that air pressure could help provide stronger stems from the wind blowing against them. Mylar paper is a plus but it has to cover the whole inside of the box; and last but not least cleanliness is very important not only the inside of the grow box but the outside all the clutter in the room effects temps and R/H. If u can make those adjustments then you'll be fine. Hope things work....PEACE:cool:

10. Tough love is the best route.

:(

11. Give those poor, suffering plants some SUNSHINE!!!

12. Do CFL lights screw into your average everyday light socket?

13. Yes , get a y splitter and screw it into a regular socket that way you can screw 2 bulbs into just 1 socket.

14. You def. need to get more/better lighting, make your lights adjustable so they can be closer so no stretch. The reason you think they are growing slow is because they are using tons of energy trying to get closer to those lights

As for the plant you are LST'ing, take that 5th node ((2nd from top)) and pull it over to a corner and tie it down, dont be afraid to experiment bro...

15. If I replace the current 2700k bulbs with 6500k will it shock the plants? I have been using the current bulbs for 2 months.

16. NOT GOOD SEEDS AT ALL:confused:

17. The seeds are fine, I got them from a repuatable company in Toronto. The strain is meant to be grown outdoors and grows roughly 8-10 feet tall. That could be a possible reason that they are so stretched out but the lights arn't helping much either. I know now from everyones feedback that I rushed my stealth box and im taking steps to correct as much as I can.

Does anyone have an answer to my previous q?

18. #18 SCHALOW, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009

Hey I am a indoor beginner and your best bet would be just wash your hands of those and start fresh keep the light close.I'm no pro but I think you will be wasting space to try to keep those alive.Good Luck

19. Alright I switched the three 2700k Tubes for 6500K....after three days the two struggling plants died off, I guess they couldn't handle the stress of a different spectrum but my other more "healthy plants" are doing fine. I decided to start three more seeds and would like to know what I should add to my setup before I put the seedlings in. I want to go the CLF route if anything and would like some advice.

Thanks